K2 - most popular articles

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:30 pm
Hello.
On your quick start (like on your demo site http://demo.gavick.com/joomla16/jul2011/) you have module on tab1 which show's popular article's by it's name.
In fact this module didn't display this type of content but News Show Pro GK4. Even if you select news order as hits amount it didn't display the most popular article by K2.

Can you please provide well looking CSS to K2 Content type of module, which displays proper information's but it didn't look as good as yours :)?

Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:34 pm
Hi

Hi

Ordering by hits works fine, but you need to enable counting hits in k2 settings.

Unfortunately I do not understand the second part of your question.

GK User
Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm
Aloha.
Thank you 4 replay. Where I can change that parameter?
When I'am logged in I can see proper popular K2 stats and with K2 module it show's correct information, but on your module it show's different information and without images and when I chose hits order it didn't display images next to the title.

In the second part I've ask about solution to display this sort of information using K2 content module - which do it properly but the way it look's is ugly. So I asked about some CSS modification's to this module to achieve the same look like News Show Pro GK4.

My English is not to good but I have hope that this is cleaner. In case of problems I will ask you in Polish but via PM ;) if you agree of course ;).
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:22 am
Aloha.
I'm so sorry. I've started this on wrong template topic.
It should be TWN II.
Maybe now it will be more clear.
If this is not a problem please move this topic to proper template.
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:22 am
Hi

We can leave conversation here, it's not template related.

I cannot help with displaying it with K2 content module because it's not our product, but please show me Your site and send an access to joomla panel. Choosing of sorting method is not affecting the way module looks like, so I believe it got to be a missconfiguration issue.

teitbite
Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:54 am
Hi

I got an access. In settings it was set to sort by hits (hits were enabled in K2 already), but it was set to show articles ASC which is from lesser hits first.

Unfortunately I cannot do much about images, because articles are not consistent. You can set module to show a thumb from withing article or article image. Unfortunately some articles got images inside, some outside, so system can use only one option.

Fonts are being loaded from google servers so it will look the same all the time. This is why I think You are talking about the second before font is loaded. Unfortunately to hide it You would need to use a plugin which will display whole website only if it's been loaded in 100%.

GK User
Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:00 am
Hello amigo.
Thank you for your input.
Now it work fine, thank you.

All current (if they have image) have images set properly so it work like a charm now. Thank you.

Thank you for you TIP about font's. We will used to it ;). Caching will help? Now because of SobiPro problems I had to disable it.

Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:12 pm
Hi

Google fonts should be displayed the same, but to be sure it's always best to use standard web fonts. Which also saves some of the page load time.

GK User
Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:17 pm
Hello.
But I use fontsquirrel on my site. It's irrelevant because I have this font's on my server or maybe I miss something?
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:58 pm
Hi

Ok. Than this can be the problem. With fonts attach to Your website and located on the server there is no 100% sure that some browsers may display it differently. This is the advantage of Google fonts which are loacated outside website and are prepared the way which look best in every browser. Unfortunately I cannot help much in this point, because it's strictly related to browser itself.

GK User
Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:32 pm
Yes.
But why it happens only time to time? For a long time it was alright.
I'm not sure but I have a feeling that after template update it's much often.

Maybe it will be good solution to restart template from the scratch?
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:28 pm
Hi

Can You please remind me what the font issue was. I think we've discussed it via PM and now I'm probably thinking about a different case by accident ;/

GK User
Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:57 am
Hello.
Sorry for such a long answer.

Problem is solved. I've changed your default squirrel font on quick start to localized version.
Downloaded squirrel package contain also a css file.
This file provided by squirrel is a bit different than yours.

Using Gavick's default css file solved the problem.
Thanks again for your input!
Regards. Paul
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.