Move login with facebook button

October 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:13 pm
Hi

How can i add or move the login with facebook button to the register page on the world news II template. Is it also possible to display it next to or below the login and register buttons?

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:46 pm
Hi

Try opening this file ../gk_twn2/html/com_users/registration/default.php

find this line:
Code: Select all
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="registration.register" />
<?php echo JHtml::_('form.token');?>

replace it with:
<input type="hidden" name="task" value="registration.register" />
         <gavern:fblogin><span id="fb-auth"><small>fb icon</small><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_FB_LOGIN_TEXT'); ?></span></gavern:fblogin>
         <input type="hidden" name="return" value="<?php echo base64_encode($this->params->get('login_redirect_url',$this->form->getValue('return'))); ?>" />

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:36 pm
Hi
i have opened up this file templates/gk_twn2/html/com_users/registration/default.php
I have inserted the code as specified, however it does not display the fb button on the registration page. see attached with the code
website is http://www.sldads.com

Thanks
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:24 pm
Hi again

You want to place it on User registration page or on GK Register module (the one that pops up)?

On GK Register module open this file: ../modules/mod_gk_register/tmpl/default.php

replace

with

<gavern:fblogin><span id="fb-auth"><small>fb icon</small><?php echo JText::_('TPL_GK_LANG_FB_LOGIN_TEXT'); ?></span></gavern:fblogin>

Them go to template parameters > advanced settings and enable the use of css override.
Finally open ../templates/gk_twn2/css/override.css and add this css on that file.

.gkRegistration #fb-auth {overflow: hidden; line-height: 24px; padding-top: 0;
float: left; clear: both; margin-top: 15px!important}

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:30 am
Thanks, i have inserted the code and it displays the button. however when i click on the fb button on the registration form, nothing happens. :(
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.