[CUSTOM] How to set VM LOGIN MOD on eshop.com

Create unique look and build successful ecommerce website with eShop Joomla template.
GK User
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:12 am
Hi

If you want to use the VirtueMart Login Module on Eshop.com template, please download the attach file, unpack and follow the instructions.

Enjoy

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:24 pm
THANKS!

Cheers
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:22 pm
Hi Got the login to work in ie but not in FF see artsmypassion.com/index.php any help on this ? thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:27 am
coldclimber wrote:
Hi Got the login to work in ie but not in FF see artsmypassion.com/index.php any help on this ? thanks

:huh: Are you sure?
:huh: But i check your website and it works in FF!!!
The only thing that you need to fix is the "Register" button link.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:56 pm
Sorry, but I did an error myself so sorry it works just fine :)
But once I have posted here I would like to know where to translate some files like the login, register in the hidden area.
And why doesn't my mod_virtuemart_login translate?
In the index.php file it stays English, but in other pages it is Norwegian.
Any input is much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Kenneth
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Guys, I can't figure it out. I want to use the VM login but I can't find the module and I can't find the module anywhere. I'm assuming it's integrated in Virtuemart but I can't see it. Any help would be appreciated.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:16 pm
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:19 pm
wayayeo wrote:
Guys, I can't figure it out. I want to use the VM login but I can't find the module and I can't find the module anywhere. I'm assuming it's integrated in Virtuemart but I can't see it. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

This is available on the VM package, inside of modules folder.
File: mod_virtuemart_login_1.1.2.j15.zip

You must have it, mate. :huh:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:26 pm
Hi guys.

I am having a a couple of very strange issues.

I am using the VM registration module. In the index.php file there was the link to the Joomla registration page, which I have removed. And the registration works just fine, just using the VM one.

But the issue is, after the registration is sent, the page that loads is the /index.php with "Cart - Your cart is currently empty".

Where does that stuff come from?

Plus, there is the message that appears at the top of the page as info "Your account has been created and an activation link has been sent to the e-mail address you entered. Note that you must activate the account by clicking on the activation link when you get the e-mail before you can login."

Those line of text should be in the file languages/en-GB/en-GB.com_user.ini. And they are. But is that text somewhere else as well?

Why? I have added "If you do not receive the e-mail, please check your spam folder" but it doesn't appear after registration.

Is there a solution I cannot figure out?

Last but not least, when a user registers he get the classic email. But in my case, the title is "Account detail for 'username' at" No name of the site. And in the body of the email, it shows "Thank you for registering at ." No site name again. Why?

I forgot to say that I have installed the QuickStart installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ;)

Stefano
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:50 pm
Hi Seichinha,

I just want to make sure - why would one like to change the normal login module to the VM login module?

Also, Is it possible that you can add in the linked document how to change the register button?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:36 pm
Hi

Well, it's just another option.
We prepare this because some of you were asking for it, but i don't see no important advance.

About the link for Register, like i said before, you can change it on index.php file:

Code: Select all
<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a>

If you enable the login module anywere on the template, try do click on the registration option on the VM login module and the link that you will get, is the one that you need to replace.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:58 pm
Thanks, I get it now :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:14 am
Hello,

Do you guys know what is the difference between regular login (mod login) and Virtuemart login? Can we use login mod to login, but change the register link to Virtuemart register page? would it make any difference? is there any security concern?

thank you,

Sean
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:36 am
spolim wrote:
Hello,

Do you guys know what is the difference between regular login (mod login) and Virtuemart login? Can we use login mod to login, but change the register link to Virtuemart register page? would it make any difference? is there any security concern?

thank you,

Sean

Hi

I don't see any special feature on the VM login, because it uses the same User ID log form.
You can either use VM Login or Regular Joomla Login.
With both, after identification is done, you can set a VM User menu to change details.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:26 am
thank you again, Sorry I have another questions regarding vm login. Is there anyway to hide all virtuemart link but only allow guest user to register for a new account from vm registration? In other word, I need to force user to register to be able to see our product items since we are doing a wholesale business. I did changed the virtuemart link to registered user, but when guest user click on register, it asked for login and password, because I've already set that link to be registered. is that make any sense?? Or, I was thinking to use regular joomla mod login, but the thing is I dont know how to customize the registration field.

Any help will be much appreciated... I am really stuck on this... ;(

Sean
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:01 am
Hello, first of all congratulations for the great work you do, very good taste in design also.

I replaced the joomla login module to the virtuemart one, a basic reason is that the joomla login (when using virtuemart) will show the "create an account" link which will take you to the basic joomla registration and not to the virtuemart one which has all the details the shop needs from a customer. this means that if a user gets registered to the basic joomla one, and logs in, he/she will again be asked to enter the rest of the information for virtuemart, it would not be that bad, if on top of that 2nd form, there wasn't that message saying that he/she is not a customer yet. It might annoy users that one, anyway.

I am using eshop.com template and works fine, but after login in, I still get the "REGISTER" link next to "LOGOUT" which takes you to the main store page. All I would like to know is if I did something wrong, or if there is a way to correct this in case it is something forgotten :-)
In any case it is not much of a problem ..

cheers
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:42 pm
Hello,

Thanks a lot for this CUSTOM VM LOGIN MOD it works great. However there is a CSS issue with Firefox 3.5 and IE-8. The seperator does not display correctly as shown in this pic below:

I tried to play around with the template_css.css file but was unable to correct the problem. Can you advise on how to correct this please. In IE-7 the Login displays correct as seen below:

Thanks Again,

Mike
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46 pm
Here is the correct IE-7 image, since I could only post one pic per post:

Can you also tell me how to make the Login Module pop-up directly below the Login link? It would make this perfect for me. Thanks Again.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:16 am
so I need this as well, my vm is version 1.1.4, and does NOT incldues the mod_virtuemart folder in the mod folder, is it going to crash my site or anything if i follow this isntructions? I can't find loing_mod separately, only, previous versions of vm.

AND i read somewhere else, the problem was not actually the different between joomla and virtuemart, but the extra fields in virtuemart:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=46403.0

should I stick with the solution provided here?? as oyu all, I only want the people to register once, but now that i remember, the joomla regular login does not includes your phisical address So do I still need to apply this fix? Where is the login_mod by itself???.

thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:17 am
so I need this as well, my vm is version 1.1.4, and does NOT incldues the mod_virtuemart folder in the mod folder, is it going to crash my site or anything if i follow this isntructions? I can't find loing_mod separately, only, previous versions of vm.

AND i read somewhere else, the problem was not actually the different between joomla and virtuemart, but the extra fields in virtuemart:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=46403.0

should I stick with the solution provided here?? as oyu all, I only want the people to register once, but now that i remember, the joomla regular login does not includes your phisical address So do I still need to apply this fix if I want the whole registration? Where is the login_mod by itself???.

thanks in advance
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:11 am
it worked!

I only need to see why firefox is not showing my thumbnails and products images now and i will be ready to go :-)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:26 am
wait for them a couple of days or weeks and they might answer you.
Fresh Boarder

professionals
Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 am
Hi there!
Can you please provide URL to your website?

GK User
Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 am
www.koi-store.cl

Now the register link says i have no permission to acces the module :S it works from the ajax register button however..., and the random and last products of virtuemart are linking to the content in home.

I noticed the com_virtuemart&itemid=1
instead of com_virtuemart&itemid=53 as comes in the template, where can i fix it?
and in internet explorer (this doesnt happens in ff, nor chrome, nor safari)... the footer is aligning in the menu zone above everything...

help please..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:16 am
s1ckn3ss wrote:
www.koi-store.cl

Now the register link says i have no permission to acces the module :S it works from the ajax register button however..., and the random and last products of virtuemart are linking to the content in home.

I noticed the com_virtuemart&itemid=1
instead of com_virtuemart&itemid=53 as comes in the template, where can i fix it?
and in internet explorer (this doesnt happens in ff, nor chrome, nor safari)... the footer is aligning in the menu zone above everything...

help please..

It would be nice to see your site unblocked.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:43 am
check it now, i had a problem today with my hosting, the site was down for about an hour, please check now, i have had so many problems that i'm severing the template to keep the virtuemart running.. :-(
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:36 pm
Hi guys

Why when I'm logged I see always register link ("registrati") and not "Hi user xxx"?

http://www.i2shop.it/

:dry:
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:43 am
Any ideas? :(
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:35 pm
Hi

I got one, but do not know if it's correct. Please in templates/gk_eshop/index.php find line:

<a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a>

and change it to

<php if( $userID == 0 ) { ?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a><?php } else { ?>Hello <?php evho $user->get('name'); ?> <?php } ?>

GK User
Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:30 pm
Great!!!
Tnx!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:10 am
Hello i have similar problem

Go in this page http://www.arredodagiardino.com/index.php in top right position are shopping cart .. Not found.

Tnk u
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:45 pm
<php if( $userID == 0 ) { ?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a><?php } else { ?>Hello <?php evho $user->get('name'); ?> <?php } ?>

This worked? I don't think so.
Here is the correct code:
<?php if( $userID == 0 ) { ?><a href="<?php echo JRoute::_( 'index.php?option=com_user&task=register' ); ?>"><?php echo JText::_('REGISTER'); ?></a><?php } else { ?>Hello <?php echo $user->get('name'); ?> <?php } ?>

there was a ? missing and its echo, not evho. ;)
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.