(SOLVED) Changing Blue Background Color

February 08 Joomla Templates
GK User
Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:05 pm
Hello I just recently installed VIYO Template. I will like to change the light blue background color. I know there are images on the top part of the template. They are locate in the folder /templates/gk_viyo_blue/images/style/backgrounds

The names are:

1. bg_1_main
2. bg_2
3. bg_3 and so on till number 6, now they only represent the top part of the background on VIYO's template.

Also, there is color ligh blue on #e8f6fd that complements the images at top. I will like to change that color to another one let's say black #000000. I already check all the CSS files in the templates css folder /templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/ but none of the have the color code #e8f6fd. So did somebody knows where is that located. ??? Here the code on my site you can see the color code there, but I have not being able to locate the right folder.

Now this is my code. When I check the CSS files I cannot find the color #e8f6fd. I just did right click on a Firefox browser and found this code at the top and the color #e8f6fd is there. If you count from bottom to top on line 7 your will find this line --------> body{background: #e8f6fd url('/'templates/gk_viyo_blue/images/style/backgrounds/bg_1_base.png'')

Any suggestions?????????? On how to find that part of the code on my joomla files

Code: Select all
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/1/images/favicon.ico" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/1/templates/system/css/system.css" type="text/css" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/1/templates/system/css/general.css" type="text/css" />

<link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/template_css.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all"  type="text/css" />
<link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/suckerfish.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" />
<link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/joomla_classes.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" />
<link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/typography.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" />
<link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/gk_stuff.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" />
<link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css" />
<!--[if IE 6]><link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/ie6_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><![endif]-->
<!--[if IE 7]><link href="templates/gk_viyo_blue/css/ie7_css.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><![endif]-->
<!-- Dynamic generated styles for background -->
<style type="text/css">
body{background: #e8f6fd url('/'templates/gk_viyo_blue/images/style/backgrounds/bg_1_base.png'') repeat-x 0 0;}
div#wrapper_main{background: transparent url('/'templates/gk_viyo_blue/images/style/backgrounds/bg_1_main.jpg'') no-repeat center -30px;}
div#bottom_wrap_2{background: #62B4D9 url('/'templates/gk_viyo_blue/images/style/backgrounds/bottom_bg_1.png'') repeat-x  0 bottom;}
</style>
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:59 pm
Hi,

please, go to template directory and open file called: index.php and look for background color..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:04 am
Thanks for your help, but it was not there. I am using Joomla 1.5.8 by the way. But I went to the file www.mysite.com/templates/gk_viyo_blue/l ... k_head.php and around line 29 there was this code and I just change the background: #(anything you want). In my case I used #000000

Code: Select all
body{background: #000000 url('<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template?>/images/style/backgrounds/bg_1_base.png') repeat-x 0 0;}

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:32 pm
Sorry, sure you are right....sorry for mystification..
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:10 pm
Spent an hour trolling thru the css looking for this, should have come here first. Strange place to keep the colour. why wasnt it in the css??

But thanks urielposselt
Gold Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:47 pm
PhoenixGB wrote:
Spent an hour trolling thru the css looking for this, should have come here first. Strange place to keep the colour. why wasnt it in the css??

But thanks urielposselt

Because it's a dynamic background and we need it to include on php file or from some js file.
We could place it here or in index.php, but not on css file.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:59 pm
Hi Seichinha

Dynamic? How so?

What changes and under what circumstances, only just started playing with the Viyo temlate

Cheers
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:02 am
PhoenixGB wrote:
Hi Seichinha

Dynamic? How so?

What changes and under what circumstances, only just started playing with the Viyo temlate

Cheers

In this template, we provide background image change. So, if you enable on template parameters the Background switcher, you should be able to see on frontpage the Theme Switcher at the bottom.
Since we are working only with bg image change, we included this on gk_head.php file.
If we used more stylish options, like text color, heading, modules, etc, we would relate this to each css style files.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:21 pm
we r not able to change the background color as suggested above:
<style type="text/css">
<?php if($bg_type == 1) : ?>
body{background: #4DC9F2 url('<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template?>/images/style/backgrounds/bg_1_base.png') repeat-x 0 0;}
div#wrapper_main{background: transparent url('<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template?>/images/style/backgrounds/bg_1_main.jpg') no-repeat center -30px;}
div#bottom_wrap_2{background: #4DC9F2 url('<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template?>/images/style/backgrounds/bottom_bg_1.png') repeat-x 0 bottom;}
<?php else : ?>
body{background: #4DC9F2 url('<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template?>/images/style/backgrounds/bg_<?php echo $bg_type; ?>.png') repeat 0 0;}
div#wrapper_main{background: none;}
div#bottom_wrap_2{background: #4DCDF3 url('<?php echo $this->baseurl; ?>/templates/<?php echo $this->template?>/images/style/backgrounds/bottom_bg_other.png') repeat-x 0 bottom;}
<?php endif; ?>
</style>

pls.suggest what to do now??????????
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.