Help with QuickStart

Display all the news, reviews announcements from music word with this professional Joomla template.
GK User
Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 pm
I need help with the quickstart installation. I created the database in my control panel using My PHP admin but when I run through the installation for joomla it always says "Cannot connect with database" I have installed and configured dozzens of joomla templates but never had I had so much trouble installing one. I've spent whole days fiddling with this template and the best I can get is the basic page with no photoslide or news. I wanted to use the quickstart because I thought it would be easy and would already have all the plugins installed but it wont connect to the database. Please help. My website URL is GalenWaling.com
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:37 am
Hi

If joomla can't connect to your database it's because you are adding wrongly the informations required.

Maybe this video can help you.

It show the quickstart installation of Pulse template on localhost, but the process is the same for Musictube.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:39 am
Hi again

I already receive your email that you send to Paulina.

You are making it wrong. On localserver installation, this should be the configuration:

admin and demo are logs to administrator only.
Naturally, if you have assign user (do not confuse database user with joomla user) to database, you must identify it and add the password.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:48 pm
I entered the info as you have it but I am still getting a "Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to MySQL" message. I noticed that on MyPHPAdmin there is no option currently to enter a new database, only observe the current databases. I had to create my database through MYSQL Database and then it shows up in MyPHPAdmin. Is this not the correct way to do it? I attached a screenshot of the MyPHPAdmin page so you can see what I am talking about. There is no field to create a new database like in the tutorial.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:09 pm
I have contacted my server providers technical support and they told me how to create the database using MySQL Database. I created a simple database called gwdatabase. I then started the install process for the Gavick QuickStart. I entered the same info you have in your last post and still I am getting the ""Cannot connect with database" Error. Please help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:25 pm
Here is a screenshot of my database on my cPanel. This is hosted on a remote server that I rent.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:25 am
You need to assign a user to database with full permissions.

So it should be like this:

Code: Select all
Database type: mysql
Hostname: localhost
Username: tetrakno_jml1
Password: "tetrakno_jml1 password"
Database: tetrakno_gwdatabase

In this case, user "tetrakno_jml1" was assign to this database with full permissions.

I show you the configuration type differently, because you wrote me that you were making an installation on localserver. On shared host, naturally the configuration isn't the same.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:15 am
Sorry, the server is not local. I will try your recommendation. Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:38 pm
What do I use instead of localhost if I am using shared hosting?
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.