cant install template

Best Joomla template with unique design which fits perfectly with car, gaming, business, portal or blog type websites
GK User
Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 am
its been a while an ive been away from joomla now i cant install any templates anymore. I get this error message

Error! Could not find an XML setup file in the package.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:52 pm
any update on this
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:05 pm
anyone still there
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:21 pm
Hi

Are You sure You are installing a template not a quickstart version or packed folders ?

GK User
Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:35 pm
Its a quick start template. I am trying to upload a template. I unzip the file so it shows the date
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:40 am
any update on this i really need to know how to install my templates. Also is there a way i can give you my password and site address so you can login to the back end if you dont know what im talking about i dont see a way to pm you
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:36 pm
Hi

Do You have joomla installed already ? If yes, than You do not need to instal quickstart just the template package. If You have a clean space than You can install quickstart by moving it to Your server and run the joomla instalation from the package.

GK User
Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:54 pm
i have joomla installed already. The issue is i cant install any templates. When i attempt to i get an error. I sent you an email with the username nad password can you attempt to install the car magazine template and tell me if it works.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:34 am
Hi

You are trying to install quickstart package. It has joomla already because it's a copy of demo site from server. Please use a pure template. Or use quickstart in new location.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.