Customizing Login/register pop-up box

Best Joomla template with unique design which fits perfectly with car, gaming, business, portal or blog type websites
GK User
Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 pm
As you can see on my test website www.carlobruno.nl, the login/register pop-up box does not work how it should. I want to customize the box myself (make it smaller, customize positions). The module parameters of Login are not solving my problem and only let me set the position of the avatar. Is there a specific file to change the style settings of the login/pop-up box? Or is this a specific template problem? I already investigated the template.css file of my template, but I am still not wiser. To see how the pop-up box looks while logged in as a registered user, please login with: username: Charlie password: testtest.

I hope I have been clear enough as a rookie.
Thanking you all in advance,
Corleone
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:39 pm
Try looking in template_css.css around line 580 maybe you can do what you need to do from there.

EDIT:

Actually it's not quite as simple as that there are a number of changes required. If you use firefox you should install the firebug plugin.

Firebug will allow you to inspect the elements of a page and much more. You can also try your changes dynamically without actually committing changes to the site files.

It's well worth learning the basics of firebug because it will save you untold time and frustration! It's also a great aid for learning how html and css all hangs together.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:26 am
Thank you for your reply,

I'm already using firebug, and also with firebug I've been experiencing problems with the dimensions of the pop-up box. I think this is because of the popup_bottom.png because it has fixed dimensions, when I tried to change the dimensions in Photoshop and uploaded it back to my FTP box would be completely out of sync. I did learn some HTML and CSS but certainly not enough to understand everything behind this template, so thank you for explaining me where the box is in the template_css.css.

Thanking you in advance,
Corleone
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:37 am
Dear all,

I still did not find a proper solution for this problem. I cant customize the login pop-up box.
Is it possible to change the function of Login and Register on the right top of the page? The pop-up box is unwanted as long as it is ugly and big. Are there any possibilities to link 'Login' and 'Register' forward to a specific login page without showing a pop-up box (simple hyperlink)?
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.