Menu not displayed

Best Joomla template with unique design which fits perfectly with car, gaming, business, portal or blog type websites
GK User
Wed May 19, 2010 2:39 pm
I have installed quickstart car magazin template on localhost (xampp, MAC version), but the menu is not displayed (see screenshot)

Also in the backend / menue manager, it shows that 48 items are published in the menu, but if you open the tree, nothing is displeayd here as well.

The site is on joomla version 1.5.12 and PHP 5.3.1

Does any one has any idea or trick on this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed May 19, 2010 2:44 pm
Where is your screenshot?and please provide your website!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 19, 2010 2:58 pm
thanks for prompt reply, I have inserted the picture, the site is installed on my local machine, so this way no link right now
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 pm
Something that stands out... 'Joomla 1.5.12 and PHP 5.3' Joomla didn't begin support for php 5.3 until 1.5.15 (unless I've misread things). So the first thing to do is update Joomla. This might not solve any problems though.

I'm trying to determine myself whether Gavick components are compatible with PHP 5.3.x, and if anyone will take a minute to chime in, it will save me having to ask elsewhere.
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri May 21, 2010 12:07 pm
Hi

Is it possible to put the site online so I can see it and help eventualy.

GK User
Mon May 24, 2010 5:56 pm
Hi,
sorry for not responding earlier, was out of town. I will try to get it online in the next few days and post again.

many thanks anyways
best
Stephan
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm
Hi, thanks for the tip, I will have the site online in the next couple of days, and then with updated joomla version

thanks for looking into it !!!
best
Stephan
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:08 pm
GenoPeppino wrote:
Something that stands out... 'Joomla 1.5.12 and PHP 5.3' Joomla didn't begin support for php 5.3 until 1.5.15 (unless I've misread things). So the first thing to do is update Joomla. This might not solve any problems though.

I'm trying to determine myself whether Gavick components are compatible with PHP 5.3.x, and if anyone will take a minute to chime in, it will save me having to ask elsewhere.

This seems to be the issue upgrading to the current j version (j1.5.22) solves the menu issue in the OP.

My question is...why have the gavick team not repackaged the template with at least a version of j compatible with php 5.3.x? The quick start installer is not a quick start until j is patched. It would be nice if there was some mention of that fact in the download section, or maybe a sticky in the templates sub forum. ;)
Expert Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.