Moo Menu sub levels need to appear all the time

Best Joomla template with unique design which fits perfectly with car, gaming, business, portal or blog type websites
GK User
Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:06 pm
Hi,
I am using car magazine template, with the moo menu two levels set, and want them to appear like they do on the demo site - the sub levels appear all the time for the level/sub level that you are browsing at the time. My sub levels only appear when you hover over the menu with the cursor - what do I need to change?

Help please - this is so frustrating!! :dry:

Anthony
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:12 am
It's really hard to help without any link to site with problems.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:56 am
currently not linked to the domain it will have, so...

http://75.125.62.14/~woodbur1/

Hopefully this will show the sub menu items appear when hovered over the level above, but on the demo site they appear all the time for the active level - How do I do that please?

Anthony
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:31 am
Which version of Car Magazine are you using ? 1.0.* or 2.0.0 ?
Administrator

GK User
Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 pm
I am using 1.0.1 Would updating to v2 solve this?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:28 pm
It is strongly recommended ;)
Administrator

GK User
Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:12 pm
Is there a setting that needs to be applied?

I applied this template (2.0) as a test run to learn the template and cannot get the links on the 2nd level to display 100% of the time.

Edit - I'm running php5 - is this an issue?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:03 am
sappy wrote:
Is there a setting that needs to be applied?

I applied this template (2.0) as a test run to learn the template and cannot get the links on the 2nd level to display 100% of the time.

Edit - I'm running php5 - is this an issue?

Can you show us?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 am
I added sub menu's to "care sheet" section for your review.

[LINK REMOVED]

Please advise so I can edit post and remove site link. (website under construction)

[edit] Adequate link exposure was given with no reply - link removed under assumptions A: Link was seen B: Issue not worth reply C: There is no fix - Site switched to single level menu based on lack of reply [/edit]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:48 pm
I'm not a fan of "bump" posts but I'm seeing admin/mod activity throughout the forum and would like to remove my website link from the above post.

Has this been seen? Can I remove my website link?

Thank you for your time, Please advise.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:10 am
Added - All pages with a Sub-level menu item - There is a 10px shift (the whole site) to the right, in firefox (v.3.5.3)

If the sub level menus worked, I guess this wouldn't be an issue as all menu items could contain something (but the visible menu2 items is issue number 1)

[edit] SOLVED 10px Shift Issue

If the page is short (no scroll bar required) the whole site adjusts to 50% centered (without the scroll bar - 50% centered is a 10px shift to the right)

Fix - Keep all pages short - Or - Size all pages to require a scroll action - Or - Edit page properties [/edit]
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:14 pm
Hi, sorry but I have not figured out how to solve the problem to always display the submenu. It only works when you move the mouse over.
The version is 2.0.0 Car-Magazine
thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:34 am
Hi

Please try with this:

Code: Select all
#horiz-menu li.active ul {
display:block;
}

GK User
Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:45 am
Thank you very much :lol:
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:16 pm
Hi

One client mailed me showing this post. Another solution for that can be to simply cover the second menu list with the one selecting. To do this please try to put this code at the end of template_css.css:

Code: Select all
#horiz-menu ul.menu li#current ul {
z-index:5000;
}

#horiz-menu ul.menu li:hover ul {
z-index:5001;
background:#ffffff url(../images/style1/menu_l2_left.png) repeat-x 0px 0px !important;
}

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.