Top Menu Sub Menu display is not working?

Best Joomla template with unique design which fits perfectly with car, gaming, business, portal or blog type websites
GK User
Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:07 am
Hello my template menu is displaying incorrectly when i hover over a main menu item and try to access a sub menu page, it is displaying in an incorrect position and unable to be clicked. i would like to fix this so my sub menus are displaying as seen in the working template.

http://www.addmedia.org/croncarp/

i can supply admin login if needed.
please help Thanks.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:39 pm
Hi

Could You please tell me what changes did You made? The menu works ok on clear installation.

GK User
Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:44 pm
Well i have just been creating menu items into the "Main Menu" menu. when i turned off all the modules the menu did not disappear either. I would make a new menu and position it up top but as i said i cannot disable the current menu :(
would you like a login teitbite?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:20 am
user Created, i am stumped i have spent several hours on it today :( any help would be greatly appreciated.

user:gavick
password:gavick
Junior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:21 am
Dude, what are you doing putting admin access to your site. I just entered via the admin and changed that user. If you need to give access do it via private message. Hopefully everything is OK.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:32 am
in the very early stages of development, i have backups on other business servers...
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:15 pm
Hi

You cannot disable the menu without removing it from code. It's an integrated part of template.

I've found Your change I think:

Code: Select all
div#horiz-menu ul {
height:38px;
list-style-type:none;
margin:31px 0 0;
padding:0;
}

in http://www.addmedia.org/croncarp/templa ... erfish.css

The margin value cannot be here, please remove it.

GK User
Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:49 am
I discovered that the problem was with my suckerfish.css file, when i changes some of the code to enable the new company logo to fit in up the top of the page it damaged the menu functionality. I reinstalled an original template suckerfish.css file and this fixed my problem.
Thankyou for your help!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:19 pm
Hello,

My template was working fine and now when I hover over the Main Menu's to see the drop down sub menu's they disappear. The only thing I did was delete all the reference links to the site in the AceSEF Url section. I turned off AceSef to see if they sub menus will show again but no luck. Maybe AceSef has nothing to do with the problem but that was the only thing I did aside from installing gk4 for testing purposes. Any thoughts?

Charles
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:31 pm
The weird thing is that the sub menu works on some pages but not all.

Example on the Home Page when I hover they disappear but when I try to access the sub menus from a different page it works fine.

I attached 2 screens shots.

Thanks,
Charles
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:31 pm
Hi

Please show me Your site.

GK User
Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:59 pm
k email sent with link to site...thank you
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:44 pm
Hello...Any word on this? I emailed a link to my site. I'm on deadline to add some changes to the site but I don't want to move forward until this issue is fixed.

Thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:22 am
Hi

It's the javascript conflict. One of `your extensions is preventing the menu from working propperly. All I can do is to advice try other manu styles or to locate the extension causing the error and to replace it with something else. Try also some jQuery anti conflict plugin.

GK User
Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:43 am
I don't understand...everything had been working fine for over a year. All I did was install the gk4 module...I tried the most current version and I tried installing the beta version but that didn't work. Its weird because even on a page with no running modules or plugins it doesn't work but it works on some other pages. Shouldn't it not work across the board?

How can I change menu styles? I went into template manager and changed the style to standard and it still doesn't work.

How can I try a jquery conflict plugin? Do you have one in mind?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:17 pm
Any response to this?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:34 am
I noticed the latest update to this template was July 2009 and on my site its March 2009. Do you think if I upgrade the template that would help?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 am
Hi

I do not think so. It's a problem with javascript. It's clearly changing the code to hide it right after showing it. So my first guess is the conflict with jQuery. Please search the web for plugin. I'm not allowing two js frameworks running on one site so I really do not know any.

If the plugin won't help, than we think on something else. In the wors case, I'll help You to rewrite the module to css based.

GK User
Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:11 pm
Will just unpublishing modules and plugins work to check conflicts or do I have to uninstall?

Reason why I ask is that even on a page with no modules published the error still exists but another page with all the modules published and the problem does not exist. I just don't understand why it works on some pages and not on others.

So on one page I don't even know what to turn off because there is nothing loaded on the page.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 pm
I also changed the menu to moo menu with 2 levels and it works fine. Why is there not a conflict with that one?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 pm
Ok so the sub menu works in explorer but not in firefox or chrome. In Explorer when I load the page I get the error "Object doesn't support this property or method mootools.js"

I'm stuck here...pls help.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:54 am
Hi

I'll ask our programmer to take a look into this problem. It'll be faster this way probably.

GK User
Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:53 pm
I finally figured out the problem in my case. There was a conflict between the moomenu and the plugin mtuupgrade so after I disabled that plugin all is working fine now.
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.