PLEASE UPDATE FOR 1.6!

Joomla template which allow you to present sport news in amazing and professional way.
GK User
Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:22 pm
Can you please update this template for Joomla 1.6! It is very important in order that we all take advantage of the new gk4 plugins and modules. Please UPDATE ASAP!

Thanksss
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:29 pm
We will try to do it asap. ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:12 pm
Seichinha wrote:We will try to do it asap. ;)

That will be great!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 am
It will be a while!

look here - 67-icki-sports/61600-any-progress-on-framework-update.html

That was months ago!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:03 am
Hi

Unfortunately there is a long line of templates to recode :( You need to be patient.

GK User
Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:43 pm
So is there any news in the horizont :D 1.6 is really needed...pls update :(
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:12 pm
Hi

Just as I said. There is a huge line of templates, so it's gonna take a while.

GK User
Fri May 20, 2011 7:54 pm
but a time frame would be welcome.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri May 20, 2011 9:47 pm
Probably on 2 or 3th week of next month.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:28 pm
2 weeks are gone :P any news for the 1.6 update?? :woohoo:
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:12 pm
Hi

Like Saichinha said it should be ready something about the second part of June.

GK User
Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:42 pm
I have installed on Joomla 1.6 but the Photoslide GK3 won't install. It says it installs but there is no options on the components tab.

I take it I have to wait for the update?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:49 pm
Hi

Photoslide for 1.6 Joomla is a module only. Please take a closer look. All options are in the module. Please also use GK4 version. GK3 is for 1.5 Joomla.

GK User
Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:15 pm
I know that is a lot of work recoding old templates, but what if recode the most nicers first? just like icki sports :whistle:

Thanks
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:03 pm
Hi

We've started from most nicer :) Icky is popular but not as much as other templates.

GK User
Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:14 am
Hehe. OK I'll be waiting : D

Saludos.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:45 pm
Hi, is there an update as to when ICKI Sports will be updated to be compatible with Joomla 1.6?

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:59 am
any news on this update would be appreciated, i would love to be able to use my site with joomla 1.7, i have started recoding it with the gantry framework, but i would prefer it was written by you guys, to save hassle
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:14 am
I hope I'll get this template for 1.7 before my subscription (Developer - 1 Year Professional) expired :unsure:
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:23 pm
Hi

I've heared developers are working on TWN right now, so it's really close to Icky.

GK User
Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:28 am
I'm glad to hear that. I don't want spend too much time customizing icki for joomla 1.5, knowing that v1.6/1.7 version is too close to be released. : D

Saludos.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:43 am
Hi

I've seen that the ICKY has appeared on production server. Still need some improvement but I think we can release it soon.

GK User
Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:42 pm
Sounds nice! Hope your words come true soon.

But isn't it smarter do update it directly to 1.7?
Or is that not possible?

That would be even greater, but with 1.6 i'm happy too though;)

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:21 pm
Hi

This thread was started when there were no 1.7. Right now of course it means that template will be released in 1.7 not 1.6

GK User
Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:05 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

This thread was started when there were no 1.7. Right now of course it means that template will be released in 1.7 not 1.6

Hi! when will be released the new icki sports? : D

Saludos.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:28 pm
Hi

I see it a litle more everyday. I believe not long till the release.

GK User
Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:51 pm
No one can give us an expected release date? Don't wanna make trouble, but we all pay for this for a specific time, so for some people it will be an important thing to know. It's also important for planning an upgrade of our sites. We can't live on the words "it won't take long".

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:19 am
Well I'm lifetime. But you're right. I don't want to make more mods to the old icki. I want to know when will be released. I'm waiting for months to make the final changes or spend some money to customizing as I want.

Saludos.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:28 am
Hi

I've just peek to the projects and looks like work on ICKY 1.7 has stopped. So I know who is working on it, becuase only one of us is on vacation now.

GK User
Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

I've just peek to the projects and looks like work on ICKY 1.7 has stopped. So I know who is working on it, becuase only one of us is on vacation now.

sorry, but this is ridiculous
the "We will try to do it asap"-Posting from Seichinha is more than 6 months old

now-we have J1.7 and we must read that somebody is on vacation?

sorry, i love Gavick-but this is just poor
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:50 am
I'm also lifetime, but that doesn't mean I can wait for the update my whole life. I think we all wanna keep our sites updated.

If you think it will take half a year, you have to say that honestly. Than we know where we stand and we can make our own decisions. But moving the expected release date all the time, like people did in other topics and here also, just sucks. I wanna plan things..

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:44 pm
Hi

But it's not a mistery that this cannot be make fast. There is lots of younger templates which are in line also. Making a template is not an easy task. If everything goes well than it should take 2 weeks, but there is lots of other usual stuff to work on during the month (current template, bug fixing, tickets support). Than I'm really sorry for delay, but You need to understand.

GK User
Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:36 pm

But it's not a mistery that this cannot be make fast. There is lots of younger templates which are in line also. Making a template is not an easy task. If everything goes well than it should take 2 weeks, but there is lots of other usual stuff to work on during the month (current template, bug fixing, tickets support). Than I'm really sorry for delay, but You need to understand.

sorry, but after 6 months it's very very hard to bid up understanding. and more than one user wants a sports-template

and remember your posting 3 month ago:

Like Saichinha said it should be ready something about the second part of June.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:19 pm
Hi

Like You can see this month was busy:

- MyFolio 1.7
- AppPhone 1.7
- Financial Business 1.7
- TWN II
- JomSocial style for TWN II 1.7

ICKY is over 2 years old which means that there is 24 templates between it and I believe that when Saichinha said it sould be released soon, than release of joomla 1.7 messed up all plans. Anyway ICKY has a high prior, because if every of the templates since ICKY should have all versions for available joomla, than this would took a lot longer.

Once again I'm sorry for this delay.

GK User
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:38 pm
yes, I understand that this is not easy
and I understand that this month was a lot to do
But the focus is on this month-and the new version was announced half a year ago

my problem is that is never called a clear date. we read again and again "soon" or "in two weeks"
I really hope the september-template is the update and then there was again only a portfolio-template

I understand that there is much to do but you must also understand us. I've already stopped to ask for template-manuals :blush: , because I think you're busy. But sometimes you have to clean up the field from behind
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:48 pm
Yes, we understand it's a lot of work to build or update an template. And we respect all of the Gavick work, otherwise we wouldn't pay for it. But the only thing we ask from you is a realistic releasedate wich is feasible for you as builders.

We won't attack you to hurry, we just want to have it clear. We're also busy, and have to plan site updates and stuff. That's the only thing. ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:14 pm
is there news to the topic?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:54 pm
I am truly disappointed. I pleased for an answer, and now is the Sep / Oct - template appeared and again the icki-project seems to rest.
really sad
A short question: Will there be published this year?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:00 pm
I agree. It's not a good service guys.. :(
Communication with your customers is one of the most important things for a company.

Surprise us..!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:53 am
Guys I was also waiting for a release of icki sports for 1.7 but I have bad news. I spoke to a live chat agent two days ago and she said that icki sports is not in the plans for a 1.7 release. She spoke to the technical team and they told her just that.
I'm really disappointed too as I now have to change my site again!
My understanding is that since they promised a release (as I can see in this thread) they should deliver it.

Regards.
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.