Problems getting Photoslide and Tabs Manager in Header working

Joomla template which allow you to present sport news in amazing and professional way.
GK User
Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:18 pm
I can't seem to get the photoslide to look like the demo versions.

On photoslide:

-There are no next or previous arrows for the thumbnails
-The pause button is missing

On Tabs Manager
- There is no animation on the buttons, just text
- The module runs off the side of the page

please can someone help me with this?

website is www.emmanuelfc.com

Cheers.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:51 pm
Hi

On Image Show module set "_clear" as module suffix and select "Module style" as "Template style".

Them add this on "Settings" textarea:

Code: Select all
thumbs_margin=14px 10px 14px 0;
thumbs_padding=0 0 0 0;
thumbs_position=bottom;
thumb_buttons_width=48;
image_margin=0 0 0 0;
image_padding=0 0 0 0;
show_text_block=true;
text_block_height=109;
text_block_bgimage=false;
text_block_bgcolor=#000;
text_block_opacity=0.6;
text_block_position=bottom;
clean_xhtml=true;
readmore_button=false;
title=true;
interface=true;
wordcount=30;
title_link=true;
readmore_text=See details;
interface_width=100;
slide_links=true;
preloading=true;
animation_speed=500;
animation_interval=5000;
autoanimation=true;
animation_type=opacity;

About Tabs module go to "Advenced Parameters" and disable "Use module CSS" option.
Also you need to select "Style CSS" as Style 1 and "Style type" as horizontal.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:30 am
Thanks for the information, however I have done all of this and the image show and tabs manager still look the same.

You can login to the site if you like and check my settings as I am still using the quickinstall user name and password.

Help will be much appreciated.

EDIT: I've managed to get the tabs manager aligned again, the _clear suffix was missing, however, despite being enabled in settings there is still no next/previous buttons, the tabs are just text and image show still isn't working.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:43 pm
I have sorted the issue. The next/previous arrows and pause button, plus the tabs in tab manager do not show up when using style 2 (blue). I had to copy and replace all the similar named png's from the style 1 folder then go through the css and alter all the colours to get my site looking as it should.

I love the look of the site but I didn't expect to have to do this much editing and messing around, especially for a quickstart package.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:14 pm
Would you mind detailing exactly what you did? I have exactly the same issue but aren't as skilled as you to be able to fix it!

Thanks so much for your help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 am
shootfighter wrote:I love the look of the site but I didn't expect to have to do this much editing and messing around, especially for a quickstart package.

Weird because Quickstart version should have all this already configured :huh:
That's the first time i see this type of problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:25 am
taurimduinath wrote:Would you mind detailing exactly what you did? I have exactly the same issue but aren't as skilled as you to be able to fix it!

Thanks so much for your help!

Did you install the quickstart package?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 am
Yes- I installed the quickstart package. The Red Style1 works perfectly, but the Blue Style2 has the pause button, arrow buttons, and tab icons missing!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:06 am
Please note the circled areas for missing icons. The actual image files are there in the gk_stuff folder, they just don't appear in the site!

I greatly appreciate your prompt help!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:07 pm
Yes. I have the same problem. Something is not right with this QUICKSTART package.
I emailed support asking about this, explained i didn't change anything in the CSS file, but got no reply with solution.

I followed the above suggestion and got the TABS buttons sort of working, but I still cant get the photoslide buttons (imageshow_buttons.png) to show up.

Would somebody please have a look at the QUICKSTART package and see what's wrong?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:42 pm
Basically I found that the images were in the folder for the blue scheme but they didn't show, so my solution was the run the theme in the red scheme which does work and then move the png's from the blue file into the red file, replacing them. All should work then. You just need to go through the css and change all the colours that are red on the template to match the buttons etc.

It's a pain. Expected better.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.