coolfoto is not working in com_user registeration

Create professional and personal photo presentations with Joomla. Highlight your work using Coolfoto template.
GK User
Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:56 pm
hey this templates is not working for com_user registeration page not in module of their own. it is showing retype password error it is not registering users . please go through this link http://demo.gavickpro.serwery.pl/joomla ... k=register
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:45 pm
Hi

Although we work on the modalbox registation that is working fine, you are right about this.
We will see were is the problem.

Thank you for the warning.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:52 pm
Hi again

You need to disable the Register button on the template parameter.
By doing this, you should not have any problem.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 pm
Hi,

I am having the same issue here. But when I disable the register-option in the template parameters, my login button disappears also and the login-text is light grey (hardly visible), very small and next to the logo. Allthough it's changes color on mouse-over, the link doesn't work anymore ?

Any ideas ? Fix ?

Thanks !

By the way, a great template. Nice work !

Regards, Walter
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:37 am
In index.php file please change:
Code: Select all
<?php if($register_button) : ?>   

for:
Code: Select all
<?php if($register_button && $_GET['option'] == 'com_user' && $_GET['task'] == 'register') : ?>   
Administrator

GK User
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:55 am
Hi Dziudek,

I've made the change in the index.php, but without any luck.

Activating both buttons (login and register), only the register button shows up. Clicking the register button, nothing happens but an 'error on page' notification:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.30729)
Timestamp: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 09:49:05 UTC

Line: 71
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://www.intersoftdesign.nl/templates ... scripts.js

I've also tried IE8 in compatibility mode (IE7) but the same result.

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Walter
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:38 am
to show login button you should enable login form on login position. About js problem - did you replace mentioned fragment in two places in index.php file ?
Administrator

GK User
Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:27 pm
Hi,

Okay, I've updated index.php twice. Login module is in the login position and I've checked the template setting. Both buttons are activated.

Login works, but there's no register button whatsoever.

I am running 2 versions on our testserver, one the original quick install from Gavick and the new site we are building at the moment. I have the issue on both websites.

OK, did some additional test work.

When I click the login button and click the register-link, the page shows the login form (not the popup) and the register button appears in the top next to the login button. When clicking the register button the register popup appears.

On any other menu item the register button disappears again. Checked the login module and it's published on all menu items.

Any ideas ? Thanks for the support.

Regards, Walter
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:51 pm
Administrator

GK User
Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:56 am
Thanks for the support!

Everything is working fine now. Regards, Walter
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.