Icons social toolbar

Create professional and personal photo presentations with Joomla. Highlight your work using Coolfoto template.
GK User
Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:43 pm
Hi

Where can i find the icons and change them in social toolbar??

Thanks/Tommy
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:52 am
Hi

Social icons is only one image and you can find it on template directory ../images/style1/ and ../images/style2/. Any, i don't recommend that you change this image, except if you have some css experience to make the respective adjustments.

Anyway, each icon can be enable/disable on template parameters and you can set the respective URL there to each one.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:08 am
Thanks

Ok i can something about css, but still if i don´t want to change anything but still dont´t knowe what every icon is whitch icon.

For exemple, i know facebooks icon, and myspace and twitter, but can someone tell what every icon is???

Icon 1 is ??
Icon 2 is ??
Icon 3 is ??
Icon 4 is ??
Icon 5 is twitter
Icon 6 is my space
Icon 7 is ??
Icon 8 is ??
Icon 9 is facebook
Icon 10 is ??
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:41 pm
Hi

Look at the frontpage of our demo

It's in order.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:38 pm
Helo, no is not in order.

If you klick on all ten icons you allways come to demo site.

So i don´t still know my question before??
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:29 pm
Someone from gavick. Please ;-)
Expert Boarder

GK User
Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:48 pm
Tompi wrote:
Helo, no is not in order.

If you klick on all ten icons you allways come to demo site.

So i don´t still know my question before??

Mate, that's on demo site.
On the template parameters you need to add the respective URL of each one.
For example, for Twitter icon the icon should be something like http://twitter.com/yourname

And what do you mean that they are not in order? :huh:

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:47 am
Sorry, my english is bad, i know.

But i want to know what all icons means. I knowe facebook and twitter, but what is the rest of icons??

For exemple, the first icon, whitch community is that, i don´t recognize the icon at all, and the rest of icons which i mention above in my list 1 to 10?

PLEASE
Expert Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:48 pm
Please, it take so long to get a answer...

For exemple, the first icon, whitch community is that? I don´t recognize the icon at all, and the rest of icons which i mention above in my list 1 to 10?

Can someone list the icons on demo site??
Expert Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:51 am
Hi im confused... If I add: index.php?format=feed&type=rss to the rss feed icon it will allow users to add my articles to the visitors site. So i would guess that there would be a facebook code to add it to their facebook. But it seems that you said add: Twitter.com/username This will only send people to my twitter page. Is that the reason for the social toolbar (just links with icons?). Wouldn't it be better to have your site linked to social networking site like you would with RSS...? Or else why have RSS anyways.
If I go to news sites and it says add this to facebook, twitter, and so on it does not send me to the news sites facebook page .. it allows me to add the articles to my facebook page..

Please clarify... There is no directions in the help for this at all.

Thank you

Colin
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:02 pm
These icons are prepared to linking users to your social profiles or RSS.
Administrator

GK User
Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:06 pm
Got it... If you have a news site it would be good to have it the other way... I dont want people leaving my site to go to my facebook. Sigh
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:35 pm
Seichinha wrote:
Hi

Social icons is only one image and you can find it on template directory ../images/style1/ and ../images/style2/. Any, i don't recommend that you change this image, except if you have some css experience to make the respective adjustments.

Anyway, each icon can be enable/disable on template parameters and you can set the respective URL there to each one.

Cheers ;)

I just edited this image file using PS CS3 and it only took a few minutes to replace one of the icons.
Shame you have to do it this way and its not something that can just be uploaded in the configuration.

I wanted to add linkedin.com as an icon which I think you should consider adding in future revisions.

You have 2 copies of each icon, the bottom one being transparent.
On the web page when you move the mouse over the icon it becomes transparent.

I'm not very familiar with PS so I just left both copies the same.
However I noticed when I uploaded the new .png that the mis-alignment caused a very nice "animation" which I actually prefer to the transparency change.

George
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:52 pm
Well, it might be possible in next project that we use this type of social interface. ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:02 pm
Hi! I want to add target _blank to all links in social bar. I find code in the index.php of this template and try to add this:

<?php if($icon9) : ?><a target="_blank" href="<?php echo $icon9_link; ?>" id="icon9"></a><?php endif; ?>

but it doesn't works.

How i can make all links in this bar to get them open in a new window?

Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:40 pm
That's because you are making it wrong.
Try like this:

Code: Select all
<?php if($icon9) : ?><a href="<?php echo $icon9_link; ?>" target="_blank" id="icon9"></a><?php endif; ?>

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:30 am
Hello

I am a little new to all of this.

I have edited the twitter link of the social icons in the module manager. After I added my link my icon disappeared. I am not sure what I have done wrong, can somebody please help :(

here is my link for a better understanding

www.penfifteenclub.com
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.