Removing Article Background

Create professional and personal photo presentations with Joomla. Highlight your work using Coolfoto template.
GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:26 am
I am hoping someone can help with removing the background from all pages. If you look at the screenshot I provided the my background image can be seen on the main page. I would like it for it to be seen on all pages. The article page for black/white photos for example has a white background blocking my image. I would like to remove this so that the dining area can be seen. None of the pages will be have enough content, so scrolling is not an issue. Thanks in advance.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:30 am
I see that you made some custom changes in template, could you give me URL ? It will be easier to check your site css that demo template because styling is different.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm
bkrztuk wrote:I see that you made some custom changes in template, could you give me URL ? It will be easier to check your site css that demo template because styling is different.

The site is temporarily at: vpevents.sitefragments.com
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:32 am
Please try with this code

#mainbody_wrapper {background: [here paste color] !important}
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:44 pm
This changes the article background, which is correct based on my subject title but I'm actually trying to make my image the background. If you look at the main page my image of the dining room is serves as the background. I want to do the same for all other images. I don't want a color background, they page should have the image as a background.

I can add the image to the body background but the image duplicates itself instead.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:45 pm
I replaced the body background and this seems to allow me achieve my goal. I would like to add a semi-transparent background for article text but even when I use a transparent image for the background image, it becomes solid. How can I do this using your earlier code suggestion?

Code used: #mainbody_wrapper {background: transparent url(../images/style1/trans.png) !important}
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 pm
Never mind. After removing "!important" it is now transparent. Thanks for your help.
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.