Template Configuration doesn't work in j3.7.3

Feel free to talk about everything related to our Joomla Products
Rate this topic: Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.Evaluations: 0, 0.00 on the average.
GK User
Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:17 pm
So I started updating my clients websites, only to discover that Gavick templates are not working properly in the latest joomla update. In the administration - Template, the menu is missing on the top so you can't actually change anything in the template after you update. I hope that you will soon be releasing updates for the templates :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:06 pm
I have the same problem...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:13 pm
After updating the Temlpate and clear Browser cache it works fine!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:15 am
Hi

That's correct. After updating joomla to 3.7.x You also need to update templates to a compatible version. If You can't do that because of some modifications done a quick fix is:

change the following line from /admin/scripts/js file:

Code: Select all
var type = items[i].split('=')[0].test(/^\d+$/) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

into:

Code: Select all
var type = !isNaN(items[i].split('=')[0]) ? 'ItemID' : 'Option';

GK User
Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:17 pm
Well I would love to update the template, but let's say I am using Villa (I actually do), there is no update.

Updated on:05/04/2016

I guess at least there is a work around.
Is gavick dropping support to all the old templates?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:25 pm
Hi

By Villa You mean "Hotel" template ? It was updated for this particular issues which was bring by new joomla. So all You need to do is to replace/overwrite /admin/scripts.js file or edit it and apply the fix I've mentioned in my last post of this thread.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.