changing social links in the social icons modual??

Professional Joomla template suitable for a wide range of finance related sites such as stock market, finance news, forex informations.
GK User
Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:02 pm
Hi ive been trying to locate how to change the social links at the bottom of the page near the footer which look like they are sitting in the social icons modual.
however this doesnt look to be the case.. ive some how changed it before but am updating and trying to add other icons and am completley lost.

i seached and read it may be insert 2 as a custom html??
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:57 pm
Hi

Social icons are are a part of a template. Some can me configured via template configuration, but if You want to add new to it, than You will have to modificate below code in /layouts/default.php

Code: Select all
      <?php if($this->getParam('socialIcons')) : ?>
      <div id="gk-social-icons">
         <?php if($this->getParam('socialIcons1')) : ?>   
         <a href="<?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons1url', '', true); ?>" id="gk-icons-facebook" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons1text'); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>
         <?php if($this->getParam('socialIcons2')) : ?>   
         <a href="<?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons2url', '', true); ?>" id="gk-icons-vimeo" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons2text'); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>
         <?php if($this->getParam('socialIcons3')) : ?>   
         <a href="<?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons3url', '', true); ?>" id="gk-icons-twitter" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons3text'); ?></a>
         <?php endif; ?>
      </div>
      <?php endif; ?>

GK User
Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:11 am
Yes but how would i change the links for these?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:35 am
Hi

Take for example vimeo link from the code above:

<a href="<?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons2url', '', true); ?>" id="gk-icons-vimeo" target="_blank"><?php echo $this->getParam('socialIcons2text'); ?></a>

You can make the change directly in this place replacing the code to for example:

<a href="http://vimeo.com/teitbite" id="gk-icons-vimeo" target="_blank">Vimeo</a>

The same way You can add more links, but icons are not prepared, so You will have to design and add Your own.

GK User
Sat May 19, 2012 6:10 pm
Thanks both of you... I lost time searching the module for the change, but if I have to change "by hand" ("a mano" like we use to say in spanish) it's ok.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun May 20, 2012 7:49 pm
Hi

No problem. Glad I could help.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.