New Module position above the logo in finance business J!2.5

Professional Joomla template suitable for a wide range of finance related sites such as stock market, finance news, forex informations.
GK User
Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:26 pm
Hi, can someone tell me where and how i make a new position above the logo in finance business J!2.5 template?
I have read the documentation for new positions, added the template.xml position and in gk.const.php, but i don't know where's the best place for the jdoc include statement:

Code: Select all
<?php if($this->modules(‘newposition’)) : ?>
<div>
<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”newposition” style=”<?php echo $this->module_styles['newposition']; ?>” />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

Tried several files in the block folder: header.php, nav.php, etc.
Also tried to make a newmodule.php in the layouts/blocks folder with the inculde statements and load it through default.php with something like that:
<div id="gkBg">   
      <div id="gkWrap1">
         <?php $this->loadBlock('newmodule'); ?>
      </div>
    </div>

But i'm not a php programmer so this was just a trial and the code in newmodule.php shall be wrong i guess:
<?php

// No direct access.
<?php if($this->modules(‘newposition’)) : ?>
<div>
<jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”newposition” style=”<?php echo $this->module_styles['newposition']; ?>” />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

But, all in all i have tried several things but don't come closer. Has somebody a hint where is the best place for the statements and perhaps for the correct code?
I want to make it in the right way within the gavern framework when it's possible.
Thanks Markus
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:15 am
Hi

Please send me an FTP access and I'll make it for You.

GK User
Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:32 am
I have sent it to your E-Mail Adress.
Thanks Markus
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:37 pm
Hi

I've added this code to /layouts/nav.php

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="over_logo" />

and this to templateDetails.xml

<position>over_logo</position>

These are the minimal requirements to add a new module position. Of course it can also be styled in css, but let try it first.

GK User
Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:44 am
Hi, i tried to make a new module (named over_logo) but nothing appears. So i have a look into the files and in the templateDetails i find the entry but not in /layouts/nav.php. But i think you mean /layouts/blocks/nav.php? By the way, when i put that code into nav.php, what is the best place for that?
All at the top directly under "defined('_JEXEC') or die;"?
Markus
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:42 pm
Hi

Unfortunately You need to understand a little about the code to know where to put it. And yes I meant /layouts/blocks/nav.php

Please place a module in a position called "over_logo". It can be called whatever You like.

GK User
Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:22 pm
Hi, thank you very much,
now i'll try to style the css.
For all further viewers it will be best placed is templates/css/override.css (don't forget to switch the override to "on" in the template manager), then define the module suffix with an empty space like " over_logo" in Advanced Options/Module Suffix and the code should look something like this:
.over_logo {
css attribute: value;
}

Hope that's right …
Thanks Teltbite
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:17 pm
Hi

Module position placed the easiest way I've shown will not support module class suffixes. But You can force it by adding a style="gkStyle" parameter.

Or (better option) You can close this code for a new positions in a layer like:

<div id="over_logo"></div>

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.