Quay & JomSocial 2.2.0 Quirks

Social Joomla! template ideal to promote activities and discussion at various levels with JomSocial support.
GK User
Sun May 15, 2011 4:40 pm
Hi,

I've just tried to do a test with Quay & JS 2.2.0 and here are some of the quirks that I ran into. Gavick updates for gk_style (JomSocial) and the Quay template has been updated.

1. Old problem appears again with the Quay Main Menu vs JS Menu (see screenshot quay_menu.png)
2. Some missing variables (see screenshot show_all_link.png & write_username.png)
3. Search field position (see screenshot searchform.png)

Just an informational recap, but if any others have a fix for these "minor" details please speak up :)
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 16, 2011 4:11 pm
Hi

Please stay with the older version of Jomsocial since the upgade to GK Style will be released.

GK User
Mon May 16, 2011 5:57 pm
Hey,

Sure, not a problem... yet:laugh: Moving back to v1.8.11. This was primarily just to make you aware of some of the issues that I saw when trying the v2.2.0 version of JomSocial so you could include these findings in the next release.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 17, 2011 4:50 pm
Hi

1.8 ?? I thought that the last theme update was for 2.1 ;/. I'm too old for that :(

GK User
Tue May 17, 2011 6:09 pm
teitbite wrote:Hi

1.8 ?? I thought that the last theme update was for 2.1 ;/. I'm too old for that :(

Yes 1.8.11 :( although the newer theme is not perfect for 1.8 I'm stuck with that until a newer gk_style comes out.

I just checked my JomSocial account and saw the new improvements in v2.2.2, nice!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:08 pm
How do I get the Jomsocial Version 1.8? Or even better the exact correct version for the Quay Theme? Also how long until Quay catches up?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:24 pm
Just download the quick start file, inhere you'l find the updated JomSocial template for Quay. Here's the main Quay link: https://www.gavick.com/support/updates. ... ate&id=224 (remember to read the changelog on this link).
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:03 pm
This download leads to a 404 page.. Any thoughts?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:09 pm
Hi

Please simply download template or quickstart one more time. All fixed files will be there.

GK User
Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:16 pm
Ive done that 2 weeks ago...has it changed since then? Additionally I have downgraded to 1.8 for JomSocial. Can you tell me exactly what version of Jomsocial to use or where I can find updated documentation? It seems also that the GS_member_mod is different than whats in the help file and missing parameter settings. I can PM you the link if it helps.

Thanks!
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:44 pm
Hi

Looks like JS version is ok. For the member tabs please use this code:

Code: Select all
.gk_js_members_main .gk_js_member {
width: 160px !important;
}

.gk_js_members_main .gk_js_content {
clear: none !important;
width: 475px !important;
}

GK User
Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:12 pm
I tried adding this to both the js_member stylesheet plus the gk_stuff.css file.. still looks the same with no changes.

Did I add it in the correct location?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:32 pm
Hi

Please show me the site with this code on. Please also try to me it at the end of template.css file.

GK User
Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 am
Yeah but where downlload this version 1.8.11 its imposible, its mean You buy today Quay template plus extra 100$ for jomsocial, and this no working :) excellent package
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.