Blurry Images

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:48 pm
Help! I am very new to Joomla, K2 and the World news theme and am having a lot of problems getting it to work correctly. I am diligently working to resolve the issues on my own so I am certainly putting in the efforts but I still can not figure a couple of things out.

1. On my home page (for now it's on a temporary server - http://www.harvestwebsitedesign.com/thepeoplesnews.org) the module at the top contains a news feed and the image is distorted - blurred very badly. How can I get this to be clear?

2. I'm using an image for the logo instead of text so when I scroll down the page, the logo image overlaps the menu in the sticky menu at the top of the screen. Can the image be removed or resized?

3. The news feed links take the user to the the news site. Is there a way to keep the news item on my site (ie. have the full article come up in another page so I can have a comment section at the bottom).?

Thank you so much for your help. I'm well aware that I'm a newbie and these are probably dumb questions but I am working very hard to learn this stuff. Unfortunately I am lost with a few things.

Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:21 pm
Hi

1. Which imae You have in mind ? I can see a couple blured, but this images are not resized, just loaded from an outside server, so there is no way to control them in any way,

2. Please adjust the code for logo:

Code: Select all
#gkLogo, #gkLogoSmall {
    height: 69px;
    width: 484px;
}

3. You can use a joomla feed component like Feedgator which will parse articles and create them as articles in Your site than You can reconfigure NSP module to show this articles from source on Your site.

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:31 pm
Hi. I have made quite a lot of changes since my post this morning, However, if you look on the site now, you can see the image that is blurry. What I am trying to do is get news feeds, and have the main image show in the module where the large blurry image is. I have since found out that it is because the RSS feeds I am using only include images that are 80x80px. And there is no way to resize without the blur. Am I correct or is there another way?

Also, I'm lost with regard to the other 2 points you have made. I am a newbie (very much so) and it seems the more I play with the system, the more confused I get.

I don't know where to find the code that is for the top level sticky menu. Can you point me in the right direction?

Can you explain the feedgator plugin a bit? I will also search for it and read.

I very much appreciate your help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:37 pm
It appears that FeedGator has been discontinued. Incompatible with Joomla vs. 3+. Is there another option for displaying full news articles on my site?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:02 pm
I was able to get the logo fixed in the fixed menu. Finally able to figure it out! whew. Now if I can get the rest of it, I'll be great!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:15 pm
Hi

1. I still cannot see blurry image. Please show me exactly where should I look for it.
3. Please try with any other extentions http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... -syndicate one of them has to be working same way as FeedGator was.

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:33 pm
Hi. Thanks for the help. I have solved the issue (i think). Because the images are pulled from an RSS News Feed, I am limited to 80px x 80px and if I make them larger or use Responsive Images, the images are very distorted. You can see what I have done here:

http://www.harvestwebsitedesign.com/the ... s-temp.org

Thank you for your help.

Joe
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:08 pm
Hi

Looks great with small images :) Just would advice to set rest of the element to "float:none" in module settings. So header will go on right.

GK User
Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:46 pm
Thanks. I'll do that. Now on to the next problem. Is the following possible?

1. When the news item is clicked, it opens in another page inside my site with the whole article?
2. On the other page mentioned in #1, how do I add a comments section or blog at the end of the article?

Your help is greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm very new to all this stuff but I'm learning.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:05 pm
Hi. Thank you for the help you gave. I was actually able to figure out how to do some of the things I had questioned previously with a lot of playing. I think I'm actually starting to get this stuff. Not the advanced stuff of course (like css coding) but I've come a long way in the last couple of days (about 30 hours in the last 3 days playing). lol

Thanks again.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:19 pm
Hi

Great to hear that. If You are looking for an answer to show articles in new page than it's a matter of creating landing pages for them. Simple "Category Type" as a menu item will make article open under its category page.

For comments You will have to select some 3rd party extention or convert articles into K2 which has comments build in.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.