hide date and time and show author

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:59 am
Hi I have a problem: I want to hide the date and time of the articles in a specific category, but the author is also being hidden.
I use Joomla 3.2.1
http://viagemdemoto.com/alma-de-condor
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:39 pm
More information:
On the layout of the blog Joomla works. In the layout of an article, does not work.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:55 pm
someone help me?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:58 am
Hi

Sorry for delay, Your thread was marked as solved by moderator system because of bumps.

Please send me an access to joomla panel. I've checked the code of the article layout and all informations shoud be accessible via configuration.

GK User
Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:56 pm
you received my PM​​?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:29 pm
Hi

I do not see a problem in configuration so please edit file: /html/com_content/article/default.php find code:

Code: Select all
         <?php if ($params->get('show_author') && !empty($this->item->author )) : ?>
         <li class="createdby">
            <?php $author = $this->item->created_by_alias ? $this->item->created_by_alias : $this->item->author; ?>

<?php if (!empty($this->item->contactid) && $params->get('link_author') == true): ?>
            <?php
               $needle = 'index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=' . $this->item->contactid;
               $menu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu();
               $item = $menu->getItems('link', $needle, true);
               $cntlink = !empty($item) ? $needle . '&Itemid=' . $item->id : $needle;
            ?>
               <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_WRITTEN_BY', JHtml::_('link', JRoute::_($cntlink), $author)); ?>
            <?php else: ?>
               <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_WRITTEN_BY', $author); ?>
            <?php endif; ?>
         </li>
         <?php endif; ?>

and replace it with:

<li class="createdby">
            <?php $author = $this->item->created_by_alias ? $this->item->created_by_alias : $this->item->author; ?>
            <?php
               $needle = 'index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=' . $this->item->contactid;
               $menu = JFactory::getApplication()->getMenu();
               $item = $menu->getItems('link', $needle, true);
               $cntlink = !empty($item) ? $needle . '&Itemid=' . $item->id : $needle;
            ?>
            <?php echo JText::sprintf('COM_CONTENT_WRITTEN_BY', JHtml::_('link', JRoute::_($cntlink), $author)); ?>
         </li>

GK User
Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:03 pm
Hi, I did it, but it did not work.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:32 pm
Hi

It's just not possible ;/ My code has overrided any show/hide values with author. This can only means that it's a wrong file. Please send me an access to FTP so I'll track the right file and will force it to show.

teitbite
Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:29 pm
Hi

I have not found the code I've posted here in this file at all :) but I think You have removed it after seeing it was not working. Anyway I have put it back as mentioned in my above post than had to clear joomla cache twice, but in the end the author displayed :) It's working now.

GK User
Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:03 pm
Hi teitbite.

It was not what I expected. See the first image the author is being shown on the left side when it is configured not to display date and time. In the second image the author is being displayed below the title and on the left side. I hoped that the author was shown just below the title, like all other items.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:41 pm
Hi

That's the place it was designed to be seen in article view. But knowing the file and code already it was not hard to change it. Please just add this to css to make it look like in category layout.

article header div.createdby {
    color: #999999;
    font-size: 12px;
}

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:00 pm
I'm sorry, I do not know enough about CSS to make these changes.

I'm not believing the place to see the author of the article is two places. Is this correct?

Now other layouts are broken: See this link:

http://viagemdemoto.com/viagens-pelas-a ... s-americas
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:54 pm
I installed the template again. Was buggy in other layouts.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:14 pm
Hi

So is it ok right now ? I only changed the layout of a single article, if other were wrong than it could be becuase of cache or a broken file during installation.

GK User
Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:24 pm
Not OK. I went back to the template unchanged, because it was not good
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:07 am
Hi

As I said my change was done to a code used for a single article only. So if there were issues in other place this could be because of validation errors. Please revert it to the point where I've left it and I'll check if I've made a mistake while copying the code or is it comming from article itself.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.