Main Menu

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:36 pm
Hi there,

I am looking for some insight as to where I am going wrong or if what I want to do is even possible.

I have a main menu that shows throughout most of my site. One of the menu items of that main menu (recreation & parks) I want to go to a page with a different main menu.

I can't get the recreation & parks main menu to show up though, the main menu for the site just stays there. I have gone through all the menu modules and I believe I have all the right check boxes checked/unchecked. Maybe this isn't possible? Seems like it should be.

I have attached 2 images. mainrec.jpg should have "Community Center" "Recreation Guide" "Registration" "Park System" "Contact" in the main menu for the recreation & parks page.

Any ideas?
Thank you!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:55 pm
From your description I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve. Is it all inside of same page/joomla installation structure?

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:57 pm
Yes, I just want to be able to click on "Recreation & Parks" in the main menu (main1) and go to the Recreation & Parks page with a different main menu. But the (main1) main menu appears, not the menu I want.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:02 pm
Our template allow only one menu to be used as main menu, but you could create a copy of template for that particular page and assign different menu for that template.

GK User
Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:04 pm
Okay, that make sense. I will give that a try.
Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:07 pm
Please let me know if you were able to get what you need this way.

GK User
Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:17 pm
Yes, that worked! Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 am
If you will have any other questions, feel free to post new forum threads.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.