News Articles

Advanced newspaper or magazine Joomla template to build news website with unique and detailed design.
GK User
Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:31 pm
I'm having a problem with figuring something out and hope someone can help. I want to automatically pull news feeds from outside sources of my website (which is working fine). I have my rss feeds working great. They are working how they should. The issue I have is that when a user clicks on the articles I have on the site, they are redirected to the site that I pulled the article from (which is expected as is).

However, what I would like to happen is when a user clicks on a news article, the user is redirected to another page within my site that contains the article, along with a comments section (blog). Is there a way to accomplish this? If so, can someone please help - I can't figure this out for anything.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:43 am
Joomla itself can't do that kind of things from what I know. From my point of view, you would need to create some plugin, that will import articles from other sites, add them to a custom category, then you can use it as a source for anything. Also images would need to be imported.
Please search for a plugin of that kind.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.