logo size in hewahoo Joomla template

Create music content based Joomla website with this professional and cutting edge template created for Joomla 1.5
GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:14 pm
Hello Gavick Team,

I´m very impressed with the new features of the hewahoo template, your templates are always getting better... my subscription is completing nearly one year and saw an evolution.

However I´m in trouble trying to change the size of the logo. Can you help me? By the way where is the help file of the template?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:22 pm
pacbrother wrote:

However I´m in trouble trying to change the size of the logo. Can you help me?

Hi

On template.css file, find this code:

Code: Select all
a#logo, a#logo_styled { display:block; float:left; height:48px; padding:23px 0 0 47px; width:221px; }

Change dimensions values of logo block.

By the way where is the help file of the template?

It's being done.
Wont take much more.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:38 pm
Hi Seichinha,

I did the changes on the dimensions values of logo block in the template.css file, but the logo still appear with the old dimensions. I also attached a screenshot of the page with the firebug opened, so you can see that the css is correct but the html is wrong. :S

Kind Regards,
Bruno
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:51 pm
You need to change the dimensions in the gk_header.php. Then you will see the changes.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:58 pm
Thank you jpb... it works!

Cheers ;)
Bruno
Expert Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:05 pm
Ops... yeap, i forgot that we are making like this on last 2 templates.
Sorry. :blush:

jpb solution is correct, but you can do it other way without changing gk_header.php file (it's always best to keep this intact). Adding this line on template.css file (i.e.)

#logo img {
width: 300px;
height: 80px}

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:14 pm
I tried putting this code in the template.css file, but it's still not working for me. is this correct?

#logo img {
width: 400px;
height: 87px}
a#logo, a#logo_styled { display:block; float:left; height:87px; padding:23px 0 0 47px; width:400px; }
a#logo_styled{background:url('../images/logo.png') no-repeat 0 0;}
div#user_panel { width:auto; float:right; margin:0 15px 10px 0; color:#fff; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; }
div#user_panel a { color:#fff; text-transform:uppercase; }
div#highlight { width:auto; height:24px; float:left; margin:0 0 20px 240px; background:transparent url('../images/highlighter_left.png') no-repeat 0 0; }
Junior Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:44 pm
paragone wrote:I tried putting this code in the template.css file, but it's still not working for me. is this correct?...

Hi

Please show us your website.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:38 pm
the address celestialproductions.com

another question... how do I keep the background image from scrolling when I scroll down. I just want the background to stay static and the rest of the site will scroll...

I tried this, but it didn't work...

background-attachment:fixed;

thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:08 am
in the body tag in style2.css change from

this:
body { background:url("../images/style2/main_bg_1.jpg") no-repeat scroll center top #FFFFFF }

to:
body{ background:url("../images/style2/main_bg_1.jpg") no-repeat fixed center top #FFFFFF }
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 pm
I change the line of code to this

body{ background:url("../images/style2/main_bg_1.jpg") no-repeat fixed center top #FFFFFF }

and it's still not working check the site...

http://celestialproductions.com
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:23 pm
when i see your site in firebug, the changes is not made... please make sure you make it too style2.css
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:49 pm
Yes I did... this is the actual code I just took out from style2.css that uploaded live.

/*

* template.css

*/

body{ background:url("../images/style2/main_bg_1.jpg") no-repeat fixed center top #000000 }

a { color:#7f0b0c; }

a:hover { color:#000; }

div#gk_wrapper { background:#fff url('../images/style2/top_bg.jpg') no-repeat right top; }

also would you know how I could fix that logo issue I'm having? I made the logo bigger and change the actual size in the css file and I added the code that they said to add from this topic, but it's still the same size. thanks.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:42 pm
I looked at my directy permission, because I noticed that style2 says unwritable when I'm on the template screen to edit a certain file. These are my permissions for those files could this be the problem? Because when I make the changes it does save the changes, because when I re-open the file the changes I made are still there... maybe somehow it's not publishing the changes?

drwxr-xr-x 3 paragone paragone 4096 Dec 26 02:11 .
drwxr-xr-x 10 paragone paragone 4096 Dec 26 02:13 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 4489 Dec 26 02:11 addons.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 9631 Dec 26 02:11 gk_stuff.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 538 Dec 26 02:11 ie6_css.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 914 Dec 26 02:11 ie7_css.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 44 Dec 26 02:11 index.html
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 10377 Dec 26 02:11 joomla.css
drwxr-xr-x 2 paragone paragone 4096 Dec 26 02:11 menu
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 2448 Dec 26 02:11 modules.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 9588 Dec 26 02:11 style1.css
-r-xr-xr-x 1 paragone paragone 10562 Jan 7 01:36 style2.css
-r-xr-xr-x 1 paragone paragone 5481 Jan 12 16:06 template.css
-rw-r--r-- 1 paragone paragone 10301 Dec 26 02:11 typography.css

it also says this on my template screen.

The parameter file /templates/gk_hewahoo/params.ini is unwritable!
Junior Boarder

GK User
Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:33 pm
should be okay... are you changing the css file from joomla or ftp? (id strongly suggest ftp)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:29 am
hey I downloaded the file from here templates/gk_hewahoo/css/style2.css to my desktop
and made the change then I uploaded it again and I still don't see the changes.

but then I renamed the style2.css to style3.css to see if anything would change or if the background would disappear and I still see the background and all the style settings. So could it be another file that I have to change not the style2.css?
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:53 pm
Hi

Please check if You do not have css compression enabled and clear cache.

GK User
Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:55 am
YESSS!!! if finally worked! THANKS GUYS!

now could you help me with making the logo bigger? here's my code below and it still doesn't make it bigger...

I tried putting this code in the template.css file, but it's still not working for me. is this correct?

#logo img {
width: 400px;
height: 87px}
a#logo, a#logo_styled { display:block; float:left; height:87px; padding:23px 0 0 47px; width:400px; }
a#logo_styled{background:url('../images/logo.png') no-repeat 0 0;}
div#user_panel { width:auto; float:right; margin:0 15px 10px 0; color:#fff; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; }
div#user_panel a { color:#fff; text-transform:uppercase; }
div#highlight { width:auto; height:24px; float:left; margin:0 0 20px 240px; background:transparent url('../images/highlighter_left.png') no-repeat 0 0; }
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:54 am
Hi

I can see that logo is placed as a background property so there is no other way than to overwrite it with a propper size already.

But please show me Your site so I'll be clearer on that one.

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:58 am
hey, it's www.celestialproductions.com the actual celestial productions logo on the top left I want to make it bigger and I changed the size in the css file, but it's not doing the job.

Also I changed the main menu text size as you could see it's smaller, but how do I change the dropdown text and box and make that smaller so it matches the main menu text?

thanks.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:37 pm
Hi

Please use this code:

#logo img {
height:auto !important;
width:auto !important;
}

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:28 pm
thanks it worked....

Also I changed the main menu text size as you could see it's smaller, but how do I change the dropdown text and box and make that smaller so it matches the main menu text?
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:42 pm
paragone wrote:thanks it worked....

On template.css file, find this line:

div#horiz-menu ul ul { font-size:14px; font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; }

change font size to smaller, like this
div#horiz-menu ul ul { font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif; font-weight:bold; }
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:54 pm
If you want, here's my 2 cents:

#gk_footer {width: 100%;margin-left: 0px!important}
#gk_footer #stylearea {padding-right: 10px}
#user_panel {position: absolute;right: 190px;top:90px;}

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:43 pm
I already did this that's why they look smaller now, but if you click on portfolio and you see the drop down which says websites, album, logos etc. That text in that box is still bigger like 16 or 18 pt. I wasn't able to change that text so it matches the to links which are 14pt now.
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.