[SOLVED] Modules don't work in the Admin Section!

Create music content based Joomla website with this professional and cutting edge template created for Joomla 1.5
GK User
Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:23 pm
I have installed the quickstart version loclally on my development machine. I have made no modifications at all. When I go to the admin (backend) of the website I only see the details section of the mod_news_pro_gk1 (latest news module), but unable to change anything as there are no other options, when i view source the error states

<style type="text/css" media="all">[an error occurred while processing this directive]

I tried in in IE6 and Firefox 3.0.19 and same error. I know it is not a browser problem.

I am certain this is a bug. I have attached a screenshot.

I would appreciate a response.

Thanks in advance.

Markan
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:40 pm
Hi

I need to see it my own eyes. Please send me all neccessary data. Are You sure the installation process went fine ?

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:27 pm
Yes the installation went perfect, the font-end works great, it is on one error with this module in the back-end administration, i already attached the admin page showing what was missing. What more specific information do you need?

Thanks.

Markan.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:44 pm
markan wrote:
I tried in in IE6 and Firefox 3.0.19 and same error. I know it is not a browser problem.

I am certain this is a bug. I have attached a screenshot.

Hi

It's not a bug from our side.
What local server are you using?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:51 pm
I am using Apache/2.2.0 (Win32) PHP/5.1.2., MySQL version 5.0.18. I could be wrong, but I think there is a conflict with this module with something else. I did a clean install (your gk_hewahoo_quickstart_J!15), with no customizations.

Thanks.

Mark.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:03 pm
I recommend that you upgrade PHP 1.5.2 to higher version. If i recall well, this version brings some bugs that were fixed on 1.5.3.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:22 pm
Okay, thanks I will try that in the morning if my hosting company (godaddy.com) is using that version. If they are not, then what do I do then?

Thanks.

Markan.
Junior Boarder

GK User
Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:27 pm
But didn't you said that you were using a local server? :huh:

If they are not, then what do I do then?

If not, i honestly don't know why... but i bet that's the problem.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:31 pm
Thank you very much Seichinha for your response, my remote hosting server is using PHP 5.2, and it fixed the problem. You guys do great work although I do get pissed with your support at times. But I guess that is why I signed for another year.

Cheers.

Markan.
Junior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.