Hello, I have a web site which is already completed with content in French language. I work with the template corporate2_quickstart j2.5. I would like to add the English language to translate that content. I followed these steps: 1. I downloaded and installed the French language. 2. I added it to the content. 3. In category manager I created two categories (French and English). I turned all my categories from “all” to French language and moved them in French category .also, I created translated categories from French to English and put them in English categories. 4. As far as articles are concerned, I changed the language from ”all” to French and I made the translation of those articles into English and I put each article to its category in English 5. I created the French main menu and English main menu. 6. There in modules manager, I created two modules French main menu and English main menu and I put the “main menu” into unpublished mode. 7. I duplicated the template for each language, the French and English. 8. I added the module language switcher. 9. And in the plug-in manager, I enabled language filter. The major problem is that when I follow these steps in another template, it works properly. On the contrary, when I use these steps in template corporate 2, all the modules of the website disappeared. For example, before tracing these steps my website looked like this:(img1) and after becomes like (img2) thank you. regards,
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 am
I think You have made a separate menu for each lang, which means that module attachement has changed. You need to create modules for this new pages too. An easiest option will be to use a Falang component and translate content for one menu only (and use one template than).
• Page 1 of 1
Please post all new support queries in our New Forum.