Creating a Web Site with Multiple Languages problems

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:13 pm
Hello,
I have a web site which is already completed with content in French language. I work with the template corporate2_quickstart j2.5. I would like to add the English language to translate that content.
I followed these steps:
1. I downloaded and installed the French language.
2. I added it to the content.
3. In category manager I created two categories (French and English). I turned all my categories from “all” to French language and moved them in French category .also, I created translated categories from French to English and put them in English categories.
4. As far as articles are concerned, I changed the language from ”all” to French and I made the translation of those articles into English and I put each article to its category in English
5. I created the French main menu and English main menu.
6. There in modules manager, I created two modules French main menu and English main menu and I put the “main menu” into unpublished mode.
7. I duplicated the template for each language, the French and English.
8. I added the module language switcher.
9. And in the plug-in manager, I enabled language filter.
The major problem is that when I follow these steps in another template, it works properly. On the contrary, when I use these steps in template corporate 2, all the modules of the website disappeared. For example, before tracing these steps my website looked like this:(img1) and after becomes like (img2)
thank you.
regards,
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:39 am
Hi

I think You have made a separate menu for each lang, which means that module attachement has changed. You need to create modules for this new pages too. An easiest option will be to use a Falang component and translate content for one menu only (and use one template than).

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.