Edit Menu tab, body text, header and background colors

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Wed May 30, 2012 9:33 am
I am working on a website at http://www.polmaz.com.ng and would like to edit Corporate 2 template to the following":
1. Change Menu tabs from Dark Grey to Dark Blue
2. Change entire WebSite Surrounding color (the sides) to Sky or Very light Blue
3. Change Header 1 and Header 2 Font colors to Dark Blue
4. Change Body text/Font color from Light grey to Very Dark Blue or Black.

Please tell me how to make the changes in CSS files and what files are to be edited. I am new to Joomla 2.5 and dont want to mess things up.

Thank you
Ajibola
Lagos
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:18 am
Hi

There is a lot of requests, so I better tech You how to find it on Your own. Please install Firebug, this is a Firefox plugin. With this when You click right mouse button while cursor is over the element You will like to change it will displaye a name of CSS file and a line where this can be changed. Really easy and very usefull tool.

GK User
Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:26 pm
Hi Jolash,

How far?
To change your menu color
1. goto Template manager
2. click on gk_corporate2
3. edit CSS
4. select gk_stuff.css
5. Search for " #gk-nav .gk-megamenu" and change the background colour to ur choice ( I believe
#547cf0 will do)
Enjoy!

Meanwhile how did u edit your home page so that the duplicate artcile (New and Popular) is no longer there?
U can buzz my email so we can chat...
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:13 pm
elgaxton wrote:Hi Jolash,

How far?
To change your menu color
1. goto Template manager
2. click on gk_corporate2
3. edit CSS
4. select gk_stuff.css
5. Search for " #gk-nav .gk-megamenu" and change the background colour to ur choice ( I believe
#547cf0 will do)
Enjoy!

Meanwhile how did u edit your home page so that the duplicate artcile (New and Popular) is no longer there?
U can buzz my email so we can chat...

Hi

That's a good solutions, but just one issue. Please make all css changes in override.css so it will be easier to keep one file with all modifications during template update.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.