Main Menu not change language

Professional Jomal template designed to be easily adaptable to all kinds of business
GK User
Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:35 pm
HI.

My website have 3 language. english, spanish and french.

Joomla version 2.5.7, last version of package languages, etc...

I have prepared first all web in one language and next i have created all menus,items,articles, etc... to other multilanguage system.

All items, modules, articles, etc... change between language perfectly but the main menu can't change the language. I have configurated all with in your instruccion in this FAQ. https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... oomla-1-7/

I have four menus, all, english, spanish and french with your default page. I attached the capture.

i have read more post and othe problems with the multi-language but i haven't found the solution..

Thank you for you help me.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:47 am
Hi

The most common issue is that all menu items should be in menu attached to ALL than rest should have only a Home element for each language.

But I've found it easier to use a different method. With FaLang component creating a multilingual content is much simpler. Please try it, component is free.

GK User
Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:00 am
Hi.

we have found the problem.

The multi-language system in Joomla need each templates for language. In our case three languages you should four templates, all,english,spanish and french.

You should the selected the language into the configuration of each templates and selected the menu for each language.

regards
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:46 pm
Hi

Of course this is a solution too, because a new menu can be selected for each template, but it's getting tricky when it comes to update or modifications :) Anyway if You are not planing any changes than I will advice such solution too.

GK User
Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:20 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

Of course this is a solution too, because a new menu can be selected for each template, but it's getting tricky when it comes to update or modifications :) Anyway if You are not planing any changes than I will advice such solution too.

Hi,

I encountered same situation that, created 2 new languages according to guideline, originally cannot show other language menu, after duplicated gk template to each language, it works.

Here is the question, would there be any other way to setup to use common 1 template instead of duplicating for each language? In the future, may extend to have 10 or 20 different languages, which mean i have to duplicate 10 or 20 times for any template modification. This is quite troublesome.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am
teranetdotcomdothk wrote:

Hi,

I encountered same situation that, created 2 new languages according to guideline, originally cannot show other language menu, after duplicated gk template to each language, it works.

Here is the question, would there be any other way to setup to use common 1 template instead of duplicating for each language? In the future, may extend to have 10 or 20 different languages, which mean i have to duplicate 10 or 20 times for any template modification. This is quite troublesome.

Thanks.

Hi

This is why I advice to use Falang. With this component You need not only 1 template but 1 menu and only translate the menu item names and articles.

GK User
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:00 pm
teitbite wrote:
teranetdotcomdothk wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.

Hi

This is why I advice to use Falang. With this component You need not only 1 template but 1 menu and only translate the menu item names and articles.

Thanks for your suggestion. :)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:32 pm
mantecaimagen wrote:Hi.

we have found the problem.

The multi-language system in Joomla need each templates for language. In our case three languages you should four templates, all,english,spanish and french.

You should the selected the language into the configuration of each templates and selected the menu for each language.

regards

Hi,

I am also having the same problem, I have only two languages ​​... Brazil standard Portuguese and English only ...
I have a main menu with only home, with all the Portuguese and English with intestinal all items ... but in The World News II template have to choose which standard ... and put the Portuguese ...
I made associations between the two, but when I click on the English flag does not show the menu in place of the Portuguese!!
The solution is really only linking to another template (copy) ...
From what the documentation says: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... oomla-1-7/ ... is only the main menu with all programmming languages ​​and all menus and the other only with home?
I did not ...
thank you
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:52 pm
Hi

Yes it's mainmenu only. Rest of the menus should be made the same way as any other module with a copy for English and Portuguese. Anyway once again I would like to advice to use Falang component for this matter. It's really the easiest and fastest way to make it.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.