K2Mart Theme support for MyStore

Change your online store into modern look with myStore eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template - discussion forum.
GK User
Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:36 pm
Hi everybody

Recently, the developer team of K2 component release a new and very interesting component that will work along with VirtueMart and K2.
It's called K2mart and integrates Virtuemart and K2 allowing you to build your product catalog using K2's advanced content, taxonomy and templating options with Virtuemart's powerful cart and checkout functionality.

You can see more informations of K2mart on this page.

Since we are integrating K2 component in our last projects and specially on myStore - ecommerce template using both K2 and VirtueMart, we provide the respective style support.

K2mart is not free, so you need to purchase it.

Screenshot using K2mart on myStore:

Notice:
Please take in consideration that we don't provide K2mart support, but only theme support. So, any problem related with the functionality of this component must be address to their authors.

To use k2mart theme support for[b] myStore version 2.0, please download the attach file and follow instructions:[/b]

Please feel free to report any style error or improvement.

Cheers ;)

mystore original - k2mart theme support

mystore dark version - k2mart theme support
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:34 am
looks nice , thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:37 pm
1 think we need one for the dark theme
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:24 am
Sure ;)

You can find the files on my first post.
Download, unpack and replace/add files. It should look like this:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:19 pm
Hi!

I have bought the k2mart component and I'm using it on my page. I just need to know where can I change in "Product details" the name of "Price per Unit (piece)", "SKU", "Name". I hope you can help me.

Thanks!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:40 pm
Hi

You can change them on this page
../gk_mystore/html/k2mart/item.php

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:25 pm
I download the ZIP and unpacked. You say "Move and replace files on template directory." In the folder HTML you have a folder "k2mart" but on the server templates/gk_mystore/html all the folders begin with com_ or mod_. Should I just upload "k2mart" as is or am I doing something wrong?

*Yes, we have k2mart installed.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:37 pm
Hi andymontoya!

I did it without "com_" or "mod_". Just uploaded as is and its working fine.

Cheers.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:46 pm
Thanks Seichina! That's what I was looking for.

Now, I need to take out "piece" from "Price per Unit (piece)". I cannot find it on item.php.

Cheers

SOLUTION: Yes Seichina. I find it. I took out this: "(<?php echo $product->unit; ?>)"
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:59 pm
benteveo wrote:
Now, I need to take out "piece" from "Price per Unit (piece)". I cannot find it on item.php.

You will find "Price per Unit" on item.php, module.php and listing.php.
I suppose (piece) comes from your VM configuration.

About the other doubt, it's without "mod_" or "com_".
It's exactly like it's provided.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 pm
Hello Guys,
Comments is showing on each product but is not showing on front page in latest comments section.
I did install K2mart.
Also I have error:
JUser::_load: Unable to load user with id: 62
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:18 pm
Hi

Are You using a module to show the comments of K2 or for JComments. Please use propper one.

GK User
Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:19 pm
Hi,
Thanks for help. Works now.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 am
sorry if this sounds stupid, but is there away to use this k2mart theme with other templates such as cherrydesign? I have tried installing it and everything seems to work apart from the front page..

the front page has no style to it.

Thanks.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:19 pm
Hi

It wasn't designed for this template so You need to create Your own style.

GK User
Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 am
This is awesome!

K2Store and Virtuemart togheter is wonderfull!! :D
Junior Boarder

GK User
Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:14 am
yes its wonderful, but I have looked all around K2, myStore, K2mart, css files, and still NOT ABLE to CHANGE the K2 item headers to font-family: Helvetica,Arial,Verdana;

WHere in the forest is that definition hidden???

HELP!!!!

I searched Through all my files on that installation for: font-family: Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif; that is the definition on the h2 on the item,

null

.cbBox h3, div.itemHeader h2.itemTitle, div.userItemHeader h3.userItemTitle, div.catItemHeader h3.catItemTitle, div.genericItemHeader h2.genericItemTitle, div.k2ItemsBlock ul li a.moduleItemTitle, legend, .contentheading, .componentheading, h2.page_title, h2.latestItemTitleList, #container h1, .rcolumn h1, #nagl h3 (line 81)

{

font-family: Georgia,"Times New Roman",Times,serif;

}

THE ENTIRE Web file structure, but it reports: NOT found, among 7160 files.

Strange I cant find it??
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:45 pm
Hi

For changes like this the best way is to use Firebug. It will tell You what file and exact line to look for.

GK User
Sat May 07, 2011 11:24 am
G'day Fellow Developers and Gavick Team,

I am using K2mart on my mystore template, thought i might share the address so that we can expand on this topic and share more links to each others pages to see what is possible and hot or not!

Cheers yall.

http://www.pokerchipindia.com

K2mart / Virtuemart combined product page - http://www.pokerchipindia.com/index.php ... Itemid=242
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon May 09, 2011 5:40 am
Hi

That's a good idea to share the link :)

Please also do this in Members Site section.

GK User
Mon May 09, 2011 10:13 am
Will do, just give me a few more days to complete the work on my site...
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 11, 2011 12:18 am
Hi

No pressure :) I was just pointing to the place on the forum where You can do that.

GK User
Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:28 pm
Hi,

First of all let me thank Gavick for the nice designs you have.. i think its quite easy to install them.

Ive been setting up this site. Mystore

the url is www.mypurplesand.com.sg/index.php

Ive got Kmart and ive uploaded that files that you have done up... however the pages look the same...

After using kmart, i found out that Clicking on Vm products direct me to my K2 detailed item page.
I guess thats good.

However, I have a found something interesting... the Price does not transfer over.. So... Most of the products transfered.. will not show the price on the k2 page. I have to manually key it in.

The second thing is... where do i go from here? Do i start updating my products from k2? Or do I update from VM

haha

If i want to checkout after choosing a few products from k2... I cant use the VM checkout cart on the top right... am i right..
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm
Hey buddy,

I was a bit lucky cause i started a fresh site without any pre virtuemart products.

The best way i found was to enter the items directly into K2. At the bottom of the create item page use the VM Kmart box to publish your item into VM. MAke sure u tick publish.

btw selecting an item into multiple VM categories does not carry through to K2. Use tags to cross promote items or u can do it manually via the menus.

The VM cart will still work as K2 builds the bridge to VM so K2 = VM viceversa.

Im running my site with it. www.pokerchipindia.com.

Hope this helps.

T.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:56 pm
Thanks so much for pointing this out... I foudn out that i didnt have that virtuemart options when you create a new item. SO then i checked and found out K2mart wasnt' fully installed because of my folder permissions...

Thanks.. its there now!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:48 am
Glad i could help :)
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 am
hi,

the k2mart installed fine. but when i key in the new product into k2 and then k2mart also at the bottom of the product page. but do not find which virtuemart category , how to get virtuemart category in this mystore template when using k2mart

thanks
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:37 pm
Hi

When You are using K2mart VM structure is not relevant, You still need it for cart and stuff, but all categories should be taken from K2.

GK User
Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:41 am
teitbite wrote:Hi

When You are using K2mart VM structure is not relevant, You still need it for cart and stuff, but all categories should be taken from K2.

wish it is the other way around, need not have to key in so many steps in virtuemart, whereas k2 uploading content is so simple
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:42 am
Hi

Using K2mart You shouldn't look inside VM for any other reason than to see orders and configure payments :)

Everything visible on frontpage shoul orginaly come form K2.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.