Problem with get rid of "Ask about this product" form

Change your online store into modern look with myStore eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template - discussion forum.
GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 8:50 am
Hello everybody!
Though this question was asked about a zillion times before, the solution proposed somehow didn't help me much. I have Joomla 1.5.26 (last edition) and I'm running Virtuemart 1.1.5. I have a GavickPro MyStore template and I think it has it's own theme (styling... whatever it's called).
On a product's flypage I've got 2 tabs: "Details" and "Ask a question..." as usual. I want to remove the latter one. Now... I know about a way that was proposed which is to delete the content of shop.ask.tpl.php and commenting out $ask_seller in flypage.tpl.php
When I do that - absolutely nothing changes. I have a feeling that IN MY CASE it needs to be done differently.
To make things simple, I would provide a link to flypage on my live site (don't worry, it's not a working store YET). It's been translated into Russian, but the tab and the form are the same, basically.

http://magazin.kotkovski.com/home?page= ... gory_id=15

P.S. Here's the answer I've got from VM developer "vm1.1 never had tabs so this I assume is hard coded into your gavik theme. You need to find the code and remove it from the theme file".
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 20, 2014 10:32 am
Hi

Please try to simply hide it with css:

Code: Select all
#gk_product_tabs li:nth-child(2) { display:none; }

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 11:00 am
Thanks a lot!
But where should I paste that code into? What file and in what part of it?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 20, 2014 11:25 am
I guess we could close this topic. Someone already explained that to me...
Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu May 22, 2014 11:45 pm
Hi

Ok. Just for anyone else who may be interested. Any css modifications should be put into override.css but please remember to allow using override in template settings.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.