Virtuemart / K2 advice for products

Change your online store into modern look with myStore eCommerce VirtueMart Joomla template - discussion forum.
GK User
Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:41 pm
Hi all,

I am wondering if someone can help please. I am looking to use my website to showcase my products (not looking at allowing customers to purchase from it at the moment), but for potential companies to see my products.

At the moment, I am using Virtuemart to show my products, but I don't think that it is the best tool to use to showcase (the product images are very small).

I think K2 might be better to showcase the product. However, is there any way that I can have a number of images for the product. For example - on this page: http://hasled.com/test3/item/8-samsung-ua55c7000 - the image is a good size for potential customers to see. If I wanted to add say another 4 or 5 smaller thumbnails on the left side (so when it is clicked on, the larger image in the centre is replaced by it). Please see an example of what I am trying to achieve.

Does anyone have any ideas / suggestions on the way that I can achieve this?

Many thanks,

Pritesh
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:52 pm
Hi

I would advice Simple Image Pro plugin for K2 to extend Your articles to show galleries. Here is a demo of couple of styles possible: http://demo.joomlaworks.net/simple-image-gallery-pro

GK User
Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:01 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Just one quick question - would this also work for K2 items?

Thanks,

Prit
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:11 pm
Sorry - what I meant to ask was - on the K2 item - it has the main image item. I would like to add some additional images next to this - so when the person viewing the K2 item clicks on this item, multiple images are available next to the main original one.

Thanks
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:18 pm
Hi

Simple Image Gallery is integrated with K2. You will just need to upload a zip package with images to K2 item and You if a right gallery style will be selected in plugin settings You will get the exact style You are asking for.

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:51 pm
Hi,

Thanks for your help so far. I have downloaded and installed Simple Image Gallery. Just wondering if you can help me to try and achieve the gallery on top. At the moment, the 'Image Gallery' is appearing near the bottom of the page - please see: http://hasled.com/bluetooth-led-speakerbulb

I would really appreciate any help.

Regards,

Pritesh
Gold Boarder

teitbite
Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:56 am
Hi

Please edit file /html/com_k2/default/item.php find a code responsible for adding gallery to the page and copy paste it wherever You want. I believe this is a code for gallery:

Code: Select all
                    <?php if($params->get('itemImageGallery') && !empty($this->item->gallery)): ?>
                    <div class="itemImageGallery" id="itemImageGalleryAnchor">
                              <h3><?php echo JText::_('K2_IMAGE_GALLERY'); ?></h3>
                              <?php echo $this->item->gallery; ?> </div>
                    <?php endif; ?>

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.