Is there any documentation zip

Elegant Joomla template designed especially for both professional and personal website presentation.
GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:22 am
Hello,
I'm trying to have the same layout as it is on the original template. Is there any documentation file anywhere on the site
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:31 pm
documentation is still not complete, but if you want an exact look, i suggest you install the quickstart package. it's a complete joomla + postnote and all demo data and you will end up with a 100% identic look as the demo :)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:03 pm
I have the same problem, I am trying to convert an already exiting website. Menu's etc all work accet that I can't get it to look like the demo.

What is used there for the frontage (modules, newsshow, K2?)for the 'about us' and -'portfolio'-blocks.

Any css changes needed?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:19 pm
the about us is a custom html for the image of gavick and the text, and the portfolio is news show pro gk4 using an k2 article as source.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:53 pm
I copied the code for the about me image but stil get padding at the top.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:43 pm
use the module class " clear"
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:14 pm
'about us' works. I've added
Code: Select all
margin-top: -10px
to get finally rd of te top padding.

Is it possible to get similar looking portfolio without k2 items?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 pm
should be posible to do it with normal joomla articles aswell.. again it's a news show pro gk4, and there is both support for k2 and joomla articles. read the documentation for nsp gk4, gives many hints on how to set it up :)

else my recommendations would be to install the demo data on another database, and look through the settings, helps me alot to have both the demo data and my own :)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:00 am
I really like that large text block at the bottom of the page that shows the large grey date. However, I can't figure out how to modify it. What module is it?

Thanks for your help, great template.

RB
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:54 pm
russandcorinne wrote:
I accidentally blew out the cool module on the bottom that links to recent articles with the large date and intro text. Not sure what I did wrong, but can't figure out which module it is. You can see my half-modified page here: www.nightflare.com/RNC/. The bad module is just a white block towards the bottom.

I'm assuming I have it retrieving data from a defunt category or something like that. But since I can't figure out which module it is, I'm not able to mess around with it. So can you tell me what module that is or how to modify it?

Thanks for your help, great template.

RB

You probably have some module enable on mainbody module position.

On modules manager, check if you have any module enable there.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:56 pm
I downloaded the quickstart file but couldn't upload to server using install routine, so I copied it manually using FTP program. The site works ok but template does not. I don't get same as your page. What can I do?
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:17 pm
Hi

Quickstart is a complete page with joomla, modules, etc. You cannot copy it as a template for the other joomla instalation.

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:10 pm
Thanks for the info. I've copied the info to the website and when I try to open it I get the installation routine. What do I enter for the required name, etc. (see below)

ken

Database Type
This is probably MySQL
Host Name
This is usually localhost or a host name provided by the hosting provider.
Username
This can be the default MySQL username root, a username provided by your hosting provider, or one that you created in setting up your database server.
Password
Using a password for the MySQL account is mandatory for site security. This is the same password used to access your database. This may be predefined by your hosting provider.
Database Name
Some hosting providers allow only a specific database name per account. If this is the case with your setup, use the table prefix option in the Advanced Settings section below to differentiate more than one Joomla! site.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:42 pm
these info you need to get from your host provider...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:20 am
Hi

Sorry about the delay.

HelpFile is available on this link.

Cheers
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 am
i can't find where to modify the module with the big date next to it. i see the article but if i change catagories it doesn't show. where is the setting to say what catagory shows here? what module is it and position? i used quick start but can't find it.
Expert Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:00 am
it's the mainbody, and the articles from joomla. you can disable the mainbody in the template manager, or change the menu > home to set which articles to show.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:53 pm
How can I change article at bottom with big date from joomla article to pull from latest k2 item in a blog category?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:38 am
SOLVED THIS ON MY OWN --- HAD TO SELECT ARTICLES -- CATEGORY BLOG ---

What I do not understand is how to get it to work with a CATEGORY BLOG that has several ARTICLES in the category. It works fine if there is only one article in the category -- but I would like this feature to actually be sueful in that it takes most recent article from a category not just one category for this frontpage item...That is not going work for anyone.

---->>>> SOLVED THIS ALREADY
I have read thru the forum i have read the documentation.

I do not understand how in the styling changed for the MAINBODY ARTICLE.

I was adding menus, and the HOME menu was changed -- then changed back -- now it does have the STYLING IT DID.

I have it linked to the same article that came with the quickstart. There are no modules in the mainbody. Why is it doing this?

I cant send a link because i am working a localhost
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:08 pm
Hi

Probaby You need to play with the setting for "Show mainbody on frontpage" Than with this near to it "Mainbody after coponent" or something like this.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.