Remove social block?

Elegant Joomla template designed especially for both professional and personal website presentation.
GK User
Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 am
Hi there,

Me again with another question..

We`ve decided to narrow down the social media options to pretty much zero.. However if we disable them all, a huge white block is left.

I`ve tried renaming the social.php from layouts, i`ve tried to remove the social code out of social.php but so far no succes..

Any idea how to get this done?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:33 pm
Hi

On PostNote template?! :huh:
Where exactly? On K2 items?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:57 pm
Yes on a postnote template :) Else i wouldnt have posted it here would i? :mrgreen: :P

Anyway example: go to http://www.learnatwork.nl/index.php/opleidingen (yeah i know SEO has to be turned on :P )

There you`ll see a large white chunk under the texts and under that small grey line there`s a part for social media stuff (called div id=social) if i`m right.
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:00 pm
ok
On Template Manager open PostNote template parameters > advanced settings and enable the use of css override.
Them open this file ../templates/gk_postnote/css/override.css and add this line there:

Code: Select all
#gkSocialAPI {display: none}

This will remove part of that blank space, but there other part that is created by the article structure.
You probably copied this text from a Word document and paste it there.
This is not the best way to have a clean article structure, because you are importing MS Word classes.

Suggestion:
Copy that text and paste it on a regular text document (.txt).
Copy again and now paste it on the joomla article editor.
Now you can set paragraphs, breaks or even make use of the template typography.

Cheers ;)
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 am
That works like a charm! :)

Thanks allot!
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.