Customize display of Social API icons under articles

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:48 pm
Hi,

My site uses J3.2. How do I customize the display of the social media icons which appear under the articles? I'm assuming this is related to the Social API tab in the Game Magazine template.

Thanks,
Railer
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:21 pm
Hi. what it means for you Social API customization?
If you need to add extra buttons, sometimes it's easer to disable Social API from template and use additional plugin from JED which could include much more social buttons/icons.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:25 pm
p.s.
Of course if you're php developer you can try to add more social features here:
gk_gamebox_magazine\layouts\blocks\social.php

...whether it makes sense, since there are so many ready-made extensions. :whistle:
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:32 pm
Pawel F wrote:Hi. what it means for you Social API customization?

I just want to arrange them in an attractive way. Currently, they don't align in any organized looking way. Some are at the top, others over to the right, some align on the bottom. (At least that's how they look for me.) For example, is it possible to align them in columns and then within the columns align them left and top aligned?

When I said "Social API" I was referring to the ones in the Template Manager "Social API" tab, as opposed to creating them using the anchor list presented elsewhere in this forum, or via a third-party social media extension, as you suggest.

Thanks,
Railer
Gold Boarder

GK User
Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:08 pm
That's why I gave you name of file where all social links are stored.
Second, you can use CSS style to fix it's positions.
Third, sometimes using for example code from addthis.com would be the easiest way. :whistle:
Have fun ;)

p.s.
You can always request support from us, but you need take in your mind that customization is not regular Template support.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.