Error 500 JHtml Icon Not Found

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:45 pm
Hi, I am having problem getting my Game Magazine template to work. My website is hosted through CloudAccess.net with Joomla 3.1.5. Everything else functions properly including the administration control panel and the home page. Menus, articles, and categories can be added, but if your click on a menu item other than, "Home", I receive the "error 500 JHtml icon not found" message. Assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated as I really need to get my website moving.

Best regards,
Michael
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:08 pm
Hi,
hard to say, I've searched also on google and this error appears not often.

1) Did you used a Quickstart or just a template?
2) Your Joomla 3.x is new/clean or has been upgraded from 2.5

Please check this: http://www.ostraining.com/support-forum ... 1-version/

Because I'm not sure if is connected with our template...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:09 pm
p.s.
:!: If you use Joomla 3.x you have to be sure that you have installed template and modules for Joomla 3.x not for Joomla 2.5,, even they can be installed !! because sometimes they can generate such a errors.
So please check it, download template for J3.x and install again. And before that uninstall the old one!
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:34 am
Okay, so to follow up, I have been messing around a bit more on my site in order to help narrow down the issue. What I have found is that the only time that I receive the error is when trying to link the menu item to a "Single Article" and/or "Featured Article". I am able to link the menu to categories, select "uncategorized" and open my article that way without issue.

I have another website in a near identical setup, except with a different company's template and I have not run into this issue--other issues, but not this one ;)

I just completed a fresh install of Joomla 3.1.5 and my previous install was fresh 3.1.5 as well. No upgrades took place in the history of this website. I downloaded and installed Joomla 3.x template and modules. In fact, the only item that I have actually imported is the template.

I used the bare template, btw.

I am checking the link that you sent me now...
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:35 am
Oh, and I can switch to the Beez template and everything works fine there, btw.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:58 am
Alright, I was able to fix part of the problem by referencing your prescription as listed in this thread: http://www.gavick.com/forums/game-magaz ... 26651.html

I patched the default.php with the contents that you included and I was able to get Single Articles to work. Prior to that, Single Article linked menus were not working.

The current issue is that Featured Articles still don't work. I am not nearly as concerned about this, as I don't think I will be using it, but I would like to have that functionality should I ever decide to use it.
Fresh Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.