Game Magazine - Problem with Unzip and GK-Wrap

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:22 pm
Hi everyone!
I hope I'm right here

I'm new here and I bought access for 40 euros, initially for testing ( later also like lifetime members )
btw: I very like the GK templates B)

I use the template "gk_game_magazine", in version 2.5 Jommla and already have problems when unzip the files :roll: I test and set this template "local on Windows-PC" with the webtool "wamp"

My first promlem:
When I unzip the files, a message appears, the same data are already available - see pic...
>>> Because at the same template for Jommla 3.0, there is not this bug! :huh:

Secondly prob:
The "gk_game_magazine" content works apparently without problems - all articles and modules are represented but I have everywhere an error message from the gkComponentWrap" - see pics...

I dont know where to search in order to eliminate the error :blush:
Please Help and sry for my bumpy English :side:

greetz
dexter
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:49 pm
hi all

I have worked a bit with the template and have a forum (kunena) and a download manager (jdownloads) installed
well, what can I say ...but the error message is gone!
while I have emptied before the error message, even the cache
pfff... I have no idea why... but it's good! :D

greetz
dexter
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 pm
I had this problem before and I fixed it by easily using XAMPP instead of WAMP. However you can change a php setting to hide those error messages (display_error = 0).

With the first issue, it's because you are using Windows which doesn't differentiate lowercase and uppercase in file names so it thought the two files from K2 were the same and asked to override. I think you should reinstall K2 when you move your site to live in a linux host to not have any missing file.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.