Have Joomla already just want to upload like demo

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:20 pm
Good morning - I already have Joomla 2.5.2 installed on my server and would just like to upload the Game Template so that it looks like the demo.

I see where Quickstart will do that, but only on a clean build. I don't need the joomla installation package.

So how can I just get the site to look like the demo package at the beginning
thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:57 pm
Hello,

First of all - I hope that you have Joomla 2.5.20 instead of Joomla 2.5.2 ;)

The only way to reproduce the demo layout without the quickstart is manual configuration of all modules as it is described on this page: http://www.gavick.com/documentation/joo ... iguration/
Administrator

GK User
Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:21 am
OK- thank you I got it figured out and installed. Other question - my site is www.runningmarylandvideos.com but when I put that in I get a 404.

The template does show up when I go to http://runningmarylandvideos.com/gk_gam ... start_J30/ so how do I get rid of the language after the / and just have the template pop up when using www.runningmarylandvideos.com

thanks brad
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:50 pm
You have to move the whole content of the gk_game_quickstart_J30/ to the one catalog up.
Administrator

GK User
Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 pm
dziudek wrote:You have to move the whole content of the gk_game_quickstart_J30/ to the one catalog up.

OK - I guess you've figured out my next question - SAY WHAT??? . Is there a little more explanation about what that is and how to do it.

I'm not an IT guy - Thanks for any help
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:09 pm
It seems that you have uploaded the whole unzipped package instead of its content - it caused that your website is located in the directory root/gk_game_quickstart_J30 - you have to move the whole content of the gk_game_quickstart_J30 directory to the root/ directory.

root directory is a main directory for your files under your domain. Usually it is a "public_html" or "www" catalog which you should see after opening a FTP connection.
Administrator

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.