News Pro GK4

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 8:15 pm
Hi Guys,

Sorry for posting this here.
I just want to inform you about some bugs in the News Pro GK4 v3.3.7.1 for Joomla 3.x - on 12th of May you fixed other major bugs with it (when selecting K2 Category for "Source" it was giving the "Error: 1064" error).

Now the remaining bugs are again with K2:

1. If you select "FrontPage Items Only" and some specific K2 Categories (or even "All K2 Categories") it does not show all items. In my case I have 5 Featured/Frontpage Items and the Module shows only 1. If I edit this K2 Item that currently is shown and make it NOT Featured, then I get the "Error: 1064" again.

2. If you select "K2 Tags" for Source the Module still behaves the same way - I have more than 10 Items with tag "Joomla" but if I select it I see only one item. If I select another Tag, I get the Error: 1064.

Guys, this is not a misconfiguration issue on my end. I'm also developing Joomla Templates and I sell them on Themeforest. I spent 3 days in troubleshooting the problem and making sure it is not something on my end that I'm missing :)

P.S. If you want delete this topic but please pay attention to the above bugs. Thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 8:33 am
Please try with the latest version from repository, I've added there small fix for SQL queries (time to date format),maybe this resolve this problems >> https://github.com/GavickPro/News-Show-Pro-GK5/tree/J!3.0_compatible please just click on "zip" button. You can also add issues to GitHub after module tests.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 21, 2013 9:58 am
Thanks for your quick reply bkrztuk :)
Unfortunately, I need the News Pro GK4 and the link you sent me is for New Pro GK5.
Is there any chance of fixing the issues in News Pro GK4?

The reason I need News Pro GK4 is that I developed a Joomla 2.5 template with GK4 and now I am making the Joomla 3.x version of this template ;)
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 pm
Looks like they stopped supporting GK4 version of the module, would like to debug the issue if you could give me your site info.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.