No images work when GK Cache is on

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:40 am
Hi All

Got a little problem which I can not seem to figure out ><

I have turned the GK Cache on and the relevant plugins and made sure they are ordered correctly. The cache seems to be working as the webpages are loading much faster than they were without the cache. The only problem is any images added to an article which is not the main article image becomes broken and you can not see it.

The only way the images show is when you are logged in but not when you are browsing the site without logging in.

This is a problem because a lot visitor read our articles without registering.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:32 am
Hi

Please tell me an URL to example of a page with this problem.

GK User
Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:01 pm
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:02 am
Hi

I believe the cache is disabled right now because images are visible. Please send me an access to joomla panel so I'll be able to turn it on and off to make some tests.

GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:44 pm
Hi

Did you manage to have a look in the backend and see what the problem is? Sometimes the images load for some people but most the time if you are not logged in you can not see any images that are cached. The temporary fix is to clear the cache but this goes against having a cache in the first place.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 am
Hi

I was not able to spot the problem. Images are loaded every time. But lets cover some basics in this area. Please check if base url is set correctly in joomla configuration and if live site url is correct in configuration.php file. Hopefully this is connected with wrong url to the cached images.

GK User
Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:04 pm
The live site is set correctly and everything in the Global Config seems fine.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:13 pm
Hi

I've enabled cache and was looking at the site for about 10min but have not spotted any missing images. Anyway there is one more thing which may be causing such behaviour. Please next time when You see that images are not loading try disable lazy load plugin, than observe if this makes a difference for this images.

GK User
Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:19 pm
The error does not happen when you are logged in as the cache only affects guests. I will see how it goes then let you know if the problems with the lazy load off as well :)

Thanks for your help so far! You have been awesome
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:31 pm
Hi

I haven't done anything yet :) I hope the lazy load plugin will be to blame. If it only affect guests than it can also be connected with Facebook login which is not used when users are logged already.

GK User
Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:53 pm
Ah okay,

I turned all the cache off at the moment because I the error was still happening. TBH the facebook login has never worked for me.. just another little issue haha.

I would love for the Facebook Login to work but it just does not work correctly, clicking on the button it just goes User:facebook and say there is no account.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:55 am
Hi

What You are saying about facebook may be pointing to the image issue, please follow this instruction: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/ge ... k-feature/ in order to make this function working. Fixing this may fix Your other problem.

GK User
Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:37 am
Hi

I have followed the documentation and it is still not logging into to site via facebook, still trying to log in with username "Facebook" and having it take me to the create an account page and "The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again."

Cache still not working correctly either ><
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:25 pm
Hi

Actually facebook works, since the part of the code in template is only responsible for connecting to facebook itself, but looks like a wrong respond is given in return, so try generate API and secret one more time.

I've enabled cache and disabled lazyload. I cant say it's working or not now, becuase images was always visible for me. Can You please check it now and let me know ? Are You sure it's not connected with Your browser ? Have You tested this problem on other computers ?

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:33 pm
Hi

Since you have done things with the cache the mobile site keeps coming up on desktop and we can not get off of it unless we clear the site cache. This has only started happening since you did something with the cache do you have any idea why?

The images are still not loading sometimes and its a wider issue as we are getting users from all around the world sending us tickets with the problem.
Junior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:14 pm
Hi

Ok. The last thing You said is telling a lot. There is some conflict with our cache and some specific server settings. It's such rare that I forgot about that. Anyway I've disabled cache entirely now and replaced it with jotCache. Please click thorough the site now and see if You have any problems with this solution.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.