Update Joomla package for quick launch

July '10 Joomla Templates
GK User
Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:17 am
Hey guys can you please update to latest 3.x release for the quick installer, the PHP 5.5.x bug has been worked out. :D
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:24 am
Hi,
1) On which step you had a error
2) What kind of error
3) Have you tried to install on this same hosting account "naked" joomla 3.2 downloaded from joomla.org
- because maybe this is not a fault o installer
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:08 am
Hi there, sorry for delay very busy here :) installer reaches installing database, creates database but returns to previous page. Yes a clean 'naked' J! 3.2 (latest) works. I believe it has something to do with http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... m_id=31197 and has been worked out in latest build. The demo installer (Gavick) works up to php 5.4 fine.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:52 pm
sometimes problem accrue when you MySQL can not handle so big database,
on my hosting I don't have such a problems.

I can try to help you but I need (via PM):
1) Info which one Quickstart you want to install and for what Joomla Version?
2) Access to FTP
3) Name of domain / subdomain etc. where you want it.
4) New database : host name, user name, database name, passsword

or
if you will give me only (1) I can prepare you a full backup based on Akeeba Backup which you can install - maybe in this way it will works.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:33 pm
Not a problem with MySQL for database is fully populated. ;) This was issue with old J! installer, I just manually make the config file to work around was just giving a heads up. Also the language strings are missing when installing Gavick Joomla modules on a 'naked' J! package, I have worked around this by copy strings from demo package into language file.

On aside note :lol: is it possible to add the 'aside' menu to gamebox with minimal effort? I'm not much of an HTML / CSS guy and haven't explored it though looking to do this.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:59 pm
(1) About modules and language files, I don't have such a problems I've tried many times, especially with image_show GK4 or News Show Pro GK4 i GK5 language files are always copied to right folder so I have it in English.

(2) is it possible to add the 'aside' menu to gamebox with minimal effort?
do you think about this menu effect - if yes, not really - it request few changes in php
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.