Aditional page name at the end of Google result

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:20 pm
Hello.

I am using sporter theme for a long time.

I have this issue for a long time but never take it too important to ask, thinking it will be lost. Maybe it starts to anoying me now.

Problem is - on every Search engine result (Google search result) name of page is composed of Browser Page Title defined in Page Display Options for every menu item and strange Additional Title which is equal with firs Menu item title which is made as Home page.

So my page title for soccer live streams on Google results looks like > "Soccer live :: Soccer live streaming - Sport News" where "Sport News" is unnecessary part and is equal as first (home) menu item title (NOT Browser Page Title, but just name of that menu item).

Please help me how to remove it from, so my seo will be updated and cleared from that unnecessary part.

I have checked Global configuration and Menu items settings but could not find where from that additional part has being taken.

Please help.

Ignotus
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm
Hi

Can I please see Your site ?

GK User
Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:57 pm
Yes, of course.

It is http://e-tribina.com

Inform me, please.

Thank you
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:41 pm
Hi

Can You please tell me the exact link to the page where title is wrong ? I've been clicking throught the site but it looks correctly wherever I go. example: "Tenis uživo :: Prenos utakmica uživo".

GK User
Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:45 am
Hi.

Exactly. Page titles are correctly written everywhere on website by me.

Problem appears in Google results page (SERP) where Page title for that exact page you take as example ("Tenis uživo :: Prenos utakmica uživo") is "Tenis uživo :: Prenos utakmica uživo - Sportske vesti". Take a look by yourself:

https://www.google.com/#fp=cc43d7eace8d ... +e-tribina

Problem is that every Page Title of my website in SERP has that "- Sportske vesti" added on its end. Just want to know where it comes from and consider removing it from SERP Page Titles.

Thank you.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:00 pm
Hi

I was just going to check configuration again, but an access to admin panel is not working. Please send me correct one and let me know if I can install Akeeba backup component to get an sql of Your site and look for the extra word in there. This way I'll be able to determine which extension is adding it.

GK User
Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:05 pm
Hi.

You have a PM with access data.

Akeeba is already installed, enjoy.

Inform me.

Thank you,

Ignotus
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:38 pm
Hi

I think I've found a reason of this. After checking database dump I can see that there is only one place the sentence "Sportske vesti" is used and it's a home menu element, so I've checked Your menu structure and because You have used blank component and present articles with modules all articles are being displayed as an element of a frontpage so "Sportske vesti" is added at the end. I think that creating a landing pages for articles will fix this problem. To make a landing page simply make a new menu and add a K2 category layout for each category You have so this page will be used as landing page and home element will not be used. You do not need to use this menu on Your site. It's just required to make a page with a separated menu id, so page title will not be taken from frontpage.

GK User
Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:27 pm
Thank you very much.

I was wondering where it comes from. Now I know the truth.

I appreciate your help!

All the best,

Ignotus
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:37 pm
Hi

Ok. I'm really glad it worked :)

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.