Breadcrumbs Displaying Wrong Information

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Sun May 18, 2014 4:15 am
Site: http://bit.ly/HmBW1Y
Using: Joomla 2.5 Sporter

I have never noticed this problem prior today, but it could have been happening for a while without me noticing. I have searched the forums and did not find a related topic.

My basic problem is that my breadcrumbs are showing the wrong information. For example, I clicked on a baseball article, and instead of being given a breadcrumb that pointed to the article, I got:

Home >> Baseball >> MLB Baseball >> Displaying items by tag: Jose Fernandez

The bold portion is what is wrong. Instead of showing the article title, as it should, it shows something unrelated.

I did some experimenting and found that the problem only happens when I have system caching enabled in the global config. If caching is turned off, the breadcrumbs work perfectly, but as soon as caching is turned on they get all screwy.

Is there a fix for this or is it one of those Joomla quirks that we just have to live with?
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 19, 2014 8:25 am
Please try to disable SEF URL"s and mod_rewrite in global configuration and clear cache - I think it is more problem with the URL's than with cache.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.