Photo Gallery Not Displaying Text

Joomla template for easily build sports magazine website with advanced content display features and clean, unique design.
GK User
Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:06 am
I enjoy the photo gallery feature, but I have a small problem in that it does not display the intro text of the K2 articles.

In the Interface portion of the module parameters, "show text block" is set to yes, "Title Char Amount" is 30 and "Text wordcount" is 30. All of these are the default settings from the Quickstart. As far as I can tell, it should be displaying the first 30 words of the article, but all I get is the title.

Could someone please tell me what I need to do so that it shows the text as well as the title?
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:52 am
Hi

Please show me Your site. I need to see if introtext is set properly.

GK User
Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:49 am
Thanks for taking a look. I appreciate it.

http://bit.ly/HmBW1Y

It picks up the text perfectly on the Latest News slideshow, which is the same component. I'm not sure what setting is different between the two.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:41 pm
Hi

Please send me an access to ftp and joomla admin. I need to check it and see why it's not working. It's possible this was designed like that. In such case I'll add it.

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:47 am
Thank you very much. I just sent a PM.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:25 pm
Hi

Looks like the text was not pick up from database. It was not implemented for this style. I have added it. Here are files which needs to be added to gk_sporter2 style folder.

GK User
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:37 pm
Thanks so much teitbite. Could you tell me which file I need to edit in order to increase the length of the text that is being displayed? The module parameters say 30 words but it is only showing 5.
Senior Boarder

teitbite
Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:30 pm
Hi

In model.php line 105 You will see this code:

Code: Select all
                                    'content' => substr(strip_tags($item->introtext),0,30).'...'

the 30 value I set to cut it on 30 chars. There is also same restriction in view.php, but it's so the text will not go outside the box.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.