Adjust for one property only

Premium, Furniture Joomla Design Shop Template with K2Store support
GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 7:42 am
I want to use this template to present only one property with four rooms and also add a booking capability (thinking about jomres). how should i proceed with it? i have already installed in a demo folder a quickstart version of the theme and now need some guidance on how to transform it.

thank you in advance for your support!

Mike
Senior Boarder

GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 8:26 am
If its only one property you need to choose a suitable template depending on property type, location, history of where property is located and then decide on your theme such as display options and changing colors. I understand you will be using Jomres but that will not be your selling point.

Who is your customer market.
Is property located in sea side or close to forest.

Once you decide on your template following is what you need to do.
Setup jomres booking. So it is ready when you need to link to it.

Take lots of pictures highlighting main features of this property.
Create a slideshow in front page, ( image show )
Create custom html modules to display additional modules in frontpage to go with slideshow. Highlight features of this property, location selling point ( such as 2 miles to Disneyland etc )
Create your main property page ( article or k2 item with custom html )
Create testimonials module, ( NSP perhaps or another module ).
Create your text articles, such as frequently asked question, terms and conditions, contact us, about us, location guide. ( article or K2 items ).
Look for review component or plugin so users can comment.

Look for competitors websites or alternative websites to see what they cover.

See you around...

Display the property best I could as its the only property, by using
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 am
normanUK wrote:If its only one property you need to choose a suitable template depending on property type, location, history of where property is located and then decide on your theme such as display options and changing colors. I understand you will be using Jomres but that will not be your selling point.

Who is your customer market.
Is property located in sea side or close to forest.

Once you decide on your template following is what you need to do.
per your suggestion i decided to go with black and white but i need your assistance modifying it to display only one property

Setup jomres booking. So it is ready when you need to link to it.

Take lots of pictures highlighting main features of this property.
i already have a good pack of images for the property. what are the right dimensions to use for the theme above?
Create a slideshow in front page, ( image show )
Create custom html modules to display additional modules in frontpage to go with slideshow. Highlight features of this property, location selling point ( such as 2 miles to Disneyland etc )
i am doing all the setup based on a quick start installation so that i have some starting point rather than adding modules one by one.
Create your main property page ( article or k2 item with custom html )what is the difference? is there any advantage of the k2 vs the article? what about seo? which option is best?
Create testimonials module, ( NSP perhaps or another module ).

Create your text articles, such as frequently asked question, terms and conditions, contact us, about us, location guide. ( article or K2 items ).
is there a way to integrate google maps and directions into the theme? i will create the text articles by modifying and adding new ones on the quick start version of the theme.
Look for review component or plugin so users can comment.
any suggestion on it?

Look for competitors websites or alternative websites to see what they cover.
i really like the theme you suggested and if you could help with the adjusting i think it will be a good pick.

See you around...
thank you for all the support!

Display the property best I could as its the only property, by using
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 23, 2013 10:25 am
1. What are the right dimensions to use for the theme above?

Template demo uses following size. 900px × 525px

2. What is the difference? is there any advantage of the k2 vs the article? what about seo? which option is best?

You get more flexibility in K2 but as your content is going to be limited you can use either one of them. Using Joomla articles could be better as it is built in. SEO wise they pretty much same.

3. is there a way to integrate google maps and directions into the theme? i will create the text articles by modifying and adding new ones on the quick start version of the theme.

You can use googlemap plugins and use shortcode or plugin code to display them in your articles.
See following links;
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... /maps/1147
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tions/maps

4. Review / Feedback, any suggestion on it?
You can use following which is free testimonial / feedback component.
http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tions/7590

5. i really like the theme you suggested and if you could help with the adjusting i think it will be a good pick.

I will try as much as time permits, but no big promises ;)

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon May 27, 2013 9:33 pm
Thank you for the detailed reply NormanUK!

I moved on and started modifying it so that it fits my needs for just a single property but I have some issues.
I try to add or modify a Joomla category and nothing happens...it is like it is freezing...

In addition when I click on the demo articles they do not load and I get the same page without new content.

Is there a chance u can take a look and give me some tips how to proceed?

Thank u in advance for your support!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 5:49 am
Regarding adding new category I have to check your admin page to see if there is an error.
Regarding links in front page showing same page when you click, it is probably caused by the way you
have setup your menu items.
Example.

Suppose we have following joomla categories.
/news/
/news/sportnews/
/news/worldnews/
/news/politicnews/

If I setup a menu link to "news" category then any items or sub folder items from these categories links will work from modules such as News Show PRO

But if I setup a menu link to "/news/sportnews/" then any items in sportnews category link will work in modules but main news category and other 2 category links will not work.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 7:08 am
Hi NormanUK!

Thank you for the response!

I just send you a pm with admin access details so that you can check and let me know about the issues.

thank you in advance for the support!

Rgds,

Mike

normanUK wrote:Regarding adding new category I have to check your admin page to see if there is an error.
Regarding links in front page showing same page when you click, it is probably caused by the way you
have setup your menu items.
Example.

Suppose we have following joomla categories.
/news/
/news/sportnews/
/news/worldnews/
/news/politicnews/

If I setup a menu link to "news" category then any items or sub folder items from these categories links will work from modules such as News Show PRO

But if I setup a menu link to "/news/sportnews/" then any items in sportnews category link will work in modules but main news category and other 2 category links will not work.

See you around...
Senior Boarder

GK User
Tue May 28, 2013 3:19 pm
I haven't received any private message, can you please send details to my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk

Please include this topic link in your email so I know it is from you.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 11:28 am
normanUK wrote:I haven't received any private message, can you please send details to my email normanuk[at]live.co.uk

Please include this topic link in your email so I know it is from you.

See you around...

it is strange as i send it and get a successful sent msg but it then shows up in the outbox...i tried to re-send it as pm and will also send you an email.

thank you!
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 11:49 am
I have just checked your site and it is missing following file.

demo1/media/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/editor_template.js"

As this is a standard joomla file I am assuming you most probably did not upload correctly and you should upload your joomla files again to make sure nothing else is missing.

Do not upload installation folder. Do not upload template folder.

Once you fix this error I ll check your menu problem.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 1:03 pm
normanUK wrote:I have just checked your site and it is missing following file.

demo1/media/editors/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/themes/advanced/editor_template.js"

As this is a standard joomla file I am assuming you most probably did not upload correctly and you should upload your joomla files again to make sure nothing else is missing.

Do not upload installation folder. Do not upload template folder.

Once you fix this error I ll check your menu problem.

See you around...

Thank you for the reply Norman,

What should I upload? the specific folder that is missing? from which location? the quickstart?

thank you in advance!

Best,

Mike
Senior Boarder

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 1:28 pm
You can re-upload only that missing file and hope rest of the files are ok :)

if you get a problem in future simply overrite all joomla files other then template folder and installation folder.

You can use quickstart package or download joomla from joomla.org and extract upload.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Wed May 29, 2013 10:03 pm
normanUK wrote:You can re-upload only that missing file and hope rest of the files are ok :)

if you get a problem in future simply overrite all joomla files other then template folder and installation folder.

You can use quickstart package or download joomla from joomla.org and extract upload.

See you around...

i did re-upload the folder and still when i click on the "read more" section nothing happens..

on the other hand if i go via the menu and check k2 items they load..any idea why is this happening? how can i fix it?

thank you in advance!

Mike
Senior Boarder

GK User
Thu May 30, 2013 1:16 am
Replacing files was to fix the problem you had when you were trying to create article categories.

Regarding menus see the sample menu item I have created Rooms > Architecture. Although you don't have to have this menu item in main menu you can create it else where such as in other menus if you don't want it showing in front-end.

Now check first module name "Tradiotional Rooms" and you will see it is working fine.

Your Article categories are as below;

Architecture - Interior design
Architecture - Interior design > Living room designs
Architecture - Interior design > Kitchen interiors
Architecture - Interior design > Houses
Architecture - Interior design > Bedroom design

Any modules pulling data from above categories will work fine as I have created a menu item "Architecture" linked to "Architecture - Interior design" category under Rooms menu item.

But any modules pulling data from below categories will not work as you will need to create their menu items.

Our services
Our services > Coffee & Cappuccino
Our services > People & Bars
Our services > Cakes & Cookies
Our services > Tea

So you can either create a menu item and link it to "Our services" and then all sub categories will work or you can create individual links for each sub category.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Fri May 31, 2013 8:44 am
normanUK wrote:Replacing files was to fix the problem you had when you were trying to create article categories.

Regarding menus see the sample menu item I have created Rooms > Architecture. Although you don't have to have this menu item in main menu you can create it else where such as in other menus if you don't want it showing in front-end.

Now check first module name "Tradiotional Rooms" and you will see it is working fine.

Your Article categories are as below;

Architecture - Interior design
Architecture - Interior design > Living room designs
Architecture - Interior design > Kitchen interiors
Architecture - Interior design > Houses
Architecture - Interior design > Bedroom design

Any modules pulling data from above categories will work fine as I have created a menu item "Architecture" linked to "Architecture - Interior design" category under Rooms menu item.

But any modules pulling data from below categories will not work as you will need to create their menu items.

Our services
Our services > Coffee & Cappuccino
Our services > People & Bars
Our services > Cakes & Cookies
Our services > Tea

So you can either create a menu item and link it to "Our services" and then all sub categories will work or you can create individual links for each sub category.

See you around...

Thank you for the great support! I am moving on with updating it with actual material and if i have any issues I will let u know. I really appreciate your help!

Mike
Senior Boarder

GK User
Fri May 31, 2013 8:58 am
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:19 pm
Hi Mike,

Just checking on how you getting on with your project, Iet me know if you need any assistance.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:46 am
I am planning to finish it the following days and most probably I will need some of your expertise :)

thank you for the follow up Norman!

normanUK wrote:Hi Mike,

Just checking on how you getting on with your project, Iet me know if you need any assistance.

See you around...
Senior Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.