Each menu item have a different background image

Premium, Furniture Joomla Design Shop Template with K2Store support
GK User
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:11 pm
I have a same kind off custom work problem like in that Joomlart topic:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/archive/ ... 2f87804860

I want to each mainmenu link have a different background image. I tryed that solutions like Joomlart link above and it works in Joomlart template. But Gavick templates are little different. I made images and now have a same kind off image in each link. So I know how to do that.

What css-file I had to modifiyed and how? What I do need to write in Link type optinons in Joomla menu manager?

And here is link http://www.mediavuo.fi/testing/

Many thanks!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:32 pm
Hi, there are few ways to do that, first try this:
HD-Background Selector (http://www.hyde-design.co.uk/free-jooml ... d-selector) this is a simple module that allows you to apply a different background style to individual pages on your Joomla website. You can select background colours, images or repeated patterns.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 am
Pawel F wrote:Hi, there are few ways to do that, first try this:
HD-Background Selector (http://www.hyde-design.co.uk/free-jooml ... d-selector) this is a simple module that allows you to apply a different background style to individual pages on your Joomla website. You can select background colours, images or repeated patterns.

Hi! Hope you can help us.
I'm trying to change the background of the Musicity template with HD Background selector, but it doesn't work? Somehow the standard (grey) background keeps showing.. I've tried to put "body" as ID or "mainPage", but nothing.

Tnx in advance!

Mathias
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:19 pm
Try to add !important value for background color, use my example

Code: Select all

body {background: blue !important; }

Remember that we used graphic background not only color.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:54 pm
Pawel F wrote:Try to add !important value for background color, use my example

body {background: blue !important; }

Remember that we used graphic background not only color.

So I have to put that code as the ID in the HD-Background Selector module?
Didn't work... nothing happened.. :(

Btw, I want a permanent image as a standard background, so no colours or different backgrounds for modules etc.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:39 am
If you want diffrent graphic background use

body {background: url("..link to image...") no-repeat fixed #COLOR_CODE;}

... check features of HD-Custom CSS - which can also help you, if you know how Joomla modules works and basic CSS you will do it.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:43 am
You can also try mmBackground - which comes with a range of options for how to display your images in the background of your site. You can choose to set one single fixed image for your entire
site, go page by page (by choosing what image for which page) or select a folder full
of images to be rotated in the background etc.

p.s. Your main question is connected with very old template (not supported!), second you need take in your mind that customization is not regular Template support. That's why I can give you only TIPS.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:56 pm
Pawel F wrote:You can also try mmBackground - which comes with a range of options for how to display your images in the background of your site. You can choose to set one single fixed image for your entire
site, go page by page (by choosing what image for which page) or select a folder full
of images to be rotated in the background etc.

p.s. Your main question is connected with very old template (not supported!), second you need take in your mind that customization is not regular Template support. That's why I can give you only TIPS.

Thank you. I really couldn't get HD-Background Selector to work, so I tried mmBackground. Works like a charm....or so I thought. When I've enabled mmBackground, pictures on the site disappear. When I disable the plugin, they show up again...... is there a work around?
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:21 pm
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.