errors with quickstart

Premium, Furniture Joomla Design Shop Template with K2Store support
GK User
Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:04 pm
I just downloaded twice the black and white quick start for 2.5 joomla. I uploaded it and extracted files. I go to front end to do the installation. I get errors and when I click next, after selecting language, it hangs up.
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_bf1feba19e57b3468884c600c8108f77, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/padsite/public_html/gk_blackandwhite_quickstart_J25/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 532

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/padsite/public_html/gk_blackandwhite_quickstart_J25/libraries/joomla/session/session.php:532) in /home/padsite/public_html/gk_blackandwhite_quickstart_J25/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 532

then it shows regular installation page then more errors
Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: open(/tmp/sess_bf1feba19e57b3468884c600c8108f77, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/padsite/public_html/gk_blackandwhite_quickstart_J25/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 676

Warning: session_write_close() [function.session-write-close]: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in /home/padsite/public_html/gk_blackandwhite_quickstart_J25/libraries/joomla/session/session.php on line 676

i deleted everything, redownloaded, reuploaded and same thing.

what is going on? how do i fix this?
Expert Boarder

Konrad M
Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:09 pm
Hi,
please check your php.ini file if 'display_errors' option is set as off. If no please change it to off. If you haven't access to this settings ask your hosting company to do this.

GK User
Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:25 am
I made the quickstart prozess during the whole day - yesterday - it doesn't work. On Step 4 the installation do not stop anymore - the circle turns for hours but nothing happens - it is possible to install the small packet over the hoster direktly than I have the small package - but I will have the better option - the whole (quickstart) package. Its not to explain that the small package work and the quickstart not! whats going wrong?

here the small package: http://www.speak-performance.de/speakperformance/

can you help me please

ps. the server "display errors is definetely off - and its not the first quickstart we are installing - the others work perfect under the same server.
Gold Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:51 pm
I solved the problem by myself - now its on! Maybe a server Problem I dont know... I'm happy. 8-)
Gold Boarder

GK User
Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 am
eversberg wrote:I solved the problem by myself - now its on! Maybe a server Problem I dont know... I'm happy. 8-)

How do you solve this problem. I am having the same problem.
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:01 pm
Join this discussion to find a workaround for your site http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=354387
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.