remove article title in Coffe template

Demonstrate your product attractively using clean and distinctive coffe shop Joomla template.
GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:10 pm
Hi Ive tried removing the article title's in the article itself and in the menus and still no luck could somebody please help
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 pm
Do you mean title attributes from "a" links such as menu items and article links.

Let me know.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:35 pm
normanUK wrote:Do you mean title attributes from "a" links such as menu items and article links.

Let me know.

I have menu links linked to articles, when the article opens It shows the title, I was able to take everything else off like Author and that but the title just stays
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:18 pm
Are you using Joomla Articles or K2 items?

Also please rename one of the below folders depending on which one you use. This will force component to use its own style and not our custom style. This way we can be sure if settings are done properly and style is still displaying the title.

You can rename and add _test so component uses its own default style.
Code: Select all
templates/gk_bikestore/com_content/
templates/gk_bikestore/com_k2/

templates/gk_bikestore/com_content_test/
templates/gk_bikestore/com_k2_test/

Once you renamed and title is turned off, let me know and I ll check our styles. If title is still displaying then we need to check article or item title options in joomla settings. Please rename folders back to original name.

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:37 pm
normanUK wrote:Are you using Joomla Articles or K2 items?

Also please rename one of the below folders depending on which one you use. This will force component to use its own style and not our custom style. This way we can be sure if settings are done properly and style is still displaying the title.

You can rename and add _test so component uses its own default style.
templates/gk_bikestore/com_content/
templates/gk_bikestore/com_k2/

templates/gk_bikestore/com_content_test/
templates/gk_bikestore/com_k2_test/

Once you renamed and title is turned off, let me know and I ll check our styles. If title is still displaying then we need to check article or item title options in joomla settings. Please rename folders back to original name.

See you around...

HI, sorry Im not using the bikestore template, Im using the Coffe template and within /public_html/WEBSITE/templates/gk_coffe those folders do not exist
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:42 pm
I am sorry here is corrected folder path for styles.

templates/gk_coffe/html/com_content/
templates/gk_coffe/html/com_k2/

templates/gk_coffe/html/com_content_test/
templates/gk_coffe/html/com_k2_test/
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:45 pm
normanUK wrote:I am sorry here is corrected folder path for styles.

templates/gk_coffe/html/com_content/
templates/gk_coffe/html/com_k2/

templates/gk_coffe/html/com_content_test/
templates/gk_coffe/html/com_k2_test/

GREAT!!! i worked thanx a mil!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:48 pm
Ok hold on : )

It is not finished yet.

This means our style is still showing regardless turning off article titles. You need to rename folder name back to original as it won't show our custom style.

Please also you did not mention which component you are using for your articles. Joomla Articles or K2 items?
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:51 pm
normanUK wrote:Ok hold on : )

It is not finished yet.

This means our style is still showing regardless turning off article titles. You need to rename folder name back to original as it won't show our custom style.

Please also you did not mention which component you are using for your articles. Joomla Articles or K2 items?

ohh sorry, Im using the articles not the K2
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:01 pm
I have just checked this and it hides when title is set to off in article options.

Can you double check following is turned off in article options.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a11euio85
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:07 pm
normanUK wrote:I have just checked this and it hides when title is set to off in article options.

Can you double check following is turned off in article options.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a11euio85

yes ive done that with articles and the options in the menus linking the articles,
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:21 pm
Then probably you are not using latest version of the template.

Nevertheless easiest would be to hide it with css if you will not be showing titles in other articles as this will hide them in all articles.

Please add following css code to templates/gk_coffe/css/override.css and enable css override option in template settings > advanced settings > css override "on".
#gkComponent > div > h2 {display: none;}

If you only want to turn off titles in selected items then please send me an admin access and ftp details to my email so I can check your style files. My email normanuk[at]live.co.uk

See you around...
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:36 pm
normanUK wrote:Then probably you are not using latest version of the template.

Nevertheless easiest would be to hide it with css if you will not be showing titles in other articles as this will hide them in all articles.

Please add following css code to templates/gk_coffe/css/override.css and enable css override option in template settings > advanced settings > css override "on".
#gkComponent > div > h2 {display: none;}

If you only want to turn off titles in selected items then please send me an admin access and ftp details to my email so I can check your style files. My email normanuk[at]live.co.uk

See you around...

the overide did the trick thats what I needed, thanx!!!
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:37 pm
No problem at all, see you around...
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.