! ! URGENT - Create Custom Module Position near Login ! !

Demonstrate your product attractively using clean and distinctive coffe shop Joomla template.
GK User
Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:03 am
Hello there,
I urgently need to create a new module position in my GK Coffe Joomla 2.5 template.

I would like to create the new module position mainly for some Social Media icons at the very top of the page - where the button for the login module would normally sit.
I would like to have the position so that I can display a Social Media Icons module as well as possibly a Search bar and language selector (using GTranslate flags).

This the the site that I would like to create the new module position on, and I have also included a screenshot that should give you an idea on the general area I would like the new potion to go...
SnapCrab_NoName_2014-7-9_16-44-51_No-00.png

http://122.201.103.239/~tour3/index.php/en/

For an idea on how I will be using the module position once it has been created, please take a look at one of my other sites and look at the top right of the page.
http://www.thecivic.com.au/index.php/en/

If you could please get back to me as soon as possible it would be much appreciated!!
If you need any more details or information please let me know!!
Thanks so much in advance,
Sarah
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:31 am
I understand that this is urgent but template customization is beyond our support. We've prepared detailed tutorial how to add new module position and it is available here » How to add a new module position ? – GavickPro Documentation

We are able to help you with custom styles but after the module position will be add and some content will be published there.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:01 am
bkrztuk wrote:I understand that this is urgent but template customization is beyond our support. We've prepared detailed tutorial how to add new module position and it is available here » How to add a new module position ? – GavickPro Documentation

We are able to help you with custom styles but after the module position will be add and some content will be published there.

Thankyou for such a prompt response!
I have read that tutorial/documentation and believe that I can complete some parts of it - but would not know where to start after inserting the new position in the Template Details file. My knowledge of code is not that extensive, so I could only complete this task with the help of someone who would be able to help with the new code...
I honestly wouldn't know where to start in some of the files!

If I was to renew my developer membership, would it be of more help to me if I submitted a Support Ticket to VIP Technical Support (Joomla)... Would they be able to help with the template customization?

Thanks again for your quick response - much appreciated!
Sarah
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:07 pm
On VIP support we usually helps with this kind of things, especially when user follow the tutorial but something after that is not working.
Platinum Boarder

GK User
Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:46 pm
bkrztuk wrote:On VIP support we usually helps with this kind of things, especially when user follow the tutorial but something after that is not working.

Thanks! I will renew my membership and upgrade to a Developer one, have a go at the Tutorial and then post a support ticket when I get stuck.
Thanks for all your help!
Sarah
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:41 am
Ok, so let's move discussion to our VIP support.
Platinum Boarder

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.