Why the module class suffix is not working

Demonstrate your product attractively using clean and distinctive coffe shop Joomla template.
GK User
Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:51 pm
Hi I use the Coffe template and am trying to get different modules to show differently. I try to change a Custom HTML module in the header 1 to have the DARK background but I can't get it to work

Can somebody help me urgently?

Thanks
Christine
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:02 pm
Hi

Not all module positions are supporting module class suffix. For example header1 position was disabled to match template styling. Please in /layout/blocks/top.php find a place where this module position is called and set style for this module position to "gk_style".

GK User
Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:05 pm
where can I find the .php file and where can I see which module positions are enabled for the suffixes?

All i want is to look like the demo page where top left under the menu is the dark box

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:29 pm
I found the file but am not sure in which format I have to add in gk_style

can you help?

<?php

// No direct access.
defined('_JEXEC') or die;

$top_1_6_columns = $this->generateColumnsBlock(6, 'top', 'top1_6', 1);
$top_7_12_columns = $this->generateColumnsBlock(6, 'top', 'top7_12', 7);

?>

<?php if($this->modules('top1 + top2 + top3 + top4 + top5 + top6') && $top_1_6_columns !== null) : ?>
<div id="gkTop1" class="gkMain <?php echo $this->generatePadding('gkTop1'); ?>">
<?php foreach($top_1_6_columns as $column) : ?>
<?php if($column !== null) : ?>
<div id="gkTop<?php echo $column['name']; ?>" class="gkCol <?php echo $column['class']; ?>">
<?php $this->addCSSRule('#gkTop'.$column['name'].' { width: ' . $column['width'] . '%; }'); ?>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php echo $column['name']; ?>" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles[$column['name']]; ?>" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php if($this->modules('top7 + top8 + top9 + top10 + top11 + top12') && $top_7_12_columns !== null) : ?>
<div id="gkTop2" class="gkMain <?php echo $this->generatePadding('gkTop2'); ?>">
<?php foreach($top_7_12_columns as $column) : ?>
<?php if($column !== null) : ?>
<div id="gkTop<?php echo $column['name']; ?>" class="gkCol <?php echo $column['class']; ?>">
<?php $this->addCSSRule('#gkTop'.$column['name'].' { width: ' . $column['width'] . '%; }'); ?>
<jdoc:include type="modules" name="<?php echo $column['name']; ?>" style="<?php echo $this->module_styles[$column['name']]; ?>" />
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
<?php endforeach; ?>
</div>
<?php endif; ?>
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:11 am
Hi

Sorry, my bad. I've told You wrong file name. It's in /layouts/blocks/header.php , but during looking into the code I've found that this template is already using a newer version of the framework. So please go to template settings in joomla panel and add layout override there. Simply choose "header1" position and add "gk_style" to it. This way module position will accept module class suffixes.

GK User
Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:53 pm
thanks I kinda thought it might be in there but do you mean the following in the Features section?

I seem to have a complete blond moment here..

the way I add the suffix in is (SPACE)DARK right?
Cause it looks like it still doesn't do it for me :(
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:07 am
Hi

Can You please show me Your site and tell me which module should have a different background ? I'm pretty sure I've misunderstood You and we are going in a wrong direction right now.

GK User
Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:18 am
hehe Ok thanks so much for your patience don't know what i'm doing wrong..

it's

bach16.com and basically I want the box 'Reservations' to be a dark background rather than the default..shouldn't be so hard but i have no clue why it doesn't work

can give you access to it as well if you need

Thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:23 am
Hi

Now I can see :) A module class suffix for dark background is " dark" space in front is important. Please just use this one and everything will be ok.

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:28 am
it must be your magic words as I had exactly that in there before and it didn't do it..then you said it and it worked :)

you're a star thanks a millio
Fresh Boarder

GK User
Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:02 pm
seems like i'm struggling with learning this framework..

so i'm trying to make the homepage similar to the demo one and am trying to change the Font to look like in the ' A unique coffee bar, serving...'

I think that's what typography is for right? if I try to use it in the editor I get the following error even though it installed correctly

:( i'm a bit slow somehow in figuring this gframework out

Parse error in selected filed. Please check file structure.
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:32 am
Hi

I do not see a parse error message anywhere. Can You please lead me to it ?

If You need to check a settings of a demo site please take a look into template documentation: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/jo ... on-joomla/

GK User
Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:56 pm
thanks

the documentation is for the boutique template not the coffe had a look for the coffe one but couldn't find it

I tried to use typography in a custom html module but it showed up the parsing error
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:31 pm
Hi

Sorry for wrong documentation. I do not know why I thought that You are using Boutique template ;/

Unfortunately there is no documentation for Coffe template since it's over 2years old, so I would advice You to install a quickstart to see all the settings.

Please lead me to this parsing error, You may also try to install typography plugin one more time.

GK User
Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:50 pm
thanks a million. I'm using boutique for a different project ;)

I'll try to reinstall typography again.

how to get to the error is

Module-> Reservations Homepage module -> when I try to use typography in this text block it gets the parse error

I will try to reinstall it though

thanks
Fresh Boarder

teitbite
Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:02 am
Hi

Ok. Please let me know if reinstalling helped. If not send me an access to ftp and I'll try to fix this error than.

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.