K2 Articles are opening below modul overview site

Community fouces Joomla template to build a music magazine website with JomSocial support.
GK User
Tue May 14, 2013 11:07 am
I'm not sure whether this is Musicity or K2 related.
I have a site built for moduls only, displaying the newest articles in different K2 categories.

Having to chose a menue type for the whole site to create it in the first place, i chose "Category" and linked it to a dummy, where no articles are ever to be categorized in. So i got a mostly empty site to build moduls upon. Not sure if this is a proper method too. (Any better suggestions?)

Then i started building different Moduls on positions header 1&2 mostly - all have a diffrent category as source to display preview and thumbnails of K2 articles.

And ot this happend: No matter which article form which box i chose and click on "read more" - the article is displayed below all moduls and not opening on a new site - which is supposed to happen. Even if i chose to click on a whole categorie it is displayed below. See attached files of modul site and article displayed below. Hope you can help out on this one too.

best wishes,
joergwigger
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Tue May 14, 2013 11:21 am
HI

This is happening exactly as designed. The way You have made menu links will not produce a landing page for articles which means article will be oppened where was clicked along with all modules. Please simply create category layout pages for articles You have on Your site.

GK User
Tue May 14, 2013 11:44 am
teitbite wrote:HI

This is happening exactly as designed. The way You have made menu links will not produce a landing page for articles which means article will be oppened where was clicked along with all modules. Please simply create category layout pages for articles You have on Your site.

Ok, thank you - i see what i was doing wrong - i think i do. i'm quite new to joomla though. So, i'm supposed to create new menue sites to which the categories are linked, right? But i dont really want them to be displayed in my menue - (would be a sub-sub menue to main menu then - too much!) - how do i handle this?
It works in other areas of the platform - but i cant figure out the difference.. help me again, please? thanks in advance!
Expert Boarder

teitbite
Wed May 15, 2013 10:40 am
Hi

This is how joomla works. If article doesn't have it's landing page than it's using the page it was clicked.

You can make a dummy menu with this category layout articles and not use this menu on the site. It only needs to be published.

Check this article too: https://www.gavick.com/documentation/qu ... s-working/

Remember me
Register New Account
If you are old Gavick user, click HERE for steps to retrieve your account.